PC vs. PS4 Pro only for gaming

2 minutes ago, kukynas said:

FPS and racing as stated in my first post, mainly single player shooting campaign like Battlefield, COD etc...

Cool. We have similar taste.
You should check out Titan fall 2. Its one of the best FPS games I've played in a long time. We have a nice group going online for MP on Discord chat if you're into getting together on weekends for a session, and the campaign is excellent for SP.
Also Forza Horizon 3 is good if you're into doing your cars up and racing.
I hear Project cars 2 is excellent - but I don't have it yet.
Battlefield 1 is ...ok. Nice graphics but it's hard if you're not in a squad.. Expect to get destroyed for a while until you get up to speed. I got the new COD and ended up un-installing it within about 30 mins. it was awful. Almost an exact rip-off of BF1.

• Like 1

My first 3 I wanted to explore are BF1, Wollfestein: The New Order and Gears of War 4, I liked those originals back in the days so I'd like to follow up where I finished with their predecessors, I got few years backlog so lot of games to catch up :lol:

I liked the NFS series so waiting for new one to be realeased

Thanks for heads up about TF2 I'll have a look, I'm pretty sure if there will be oportunity to try MP I will PM you for more details ;)

8 hours ago, kukynas said:

it seems like origin yearly access for 25 EUR is way to go or? I got several games on my origin account from the past so it might be easier this way... 

It's cheap. I've considered it. But your limited to EA games only. Have you got Steam? They usually have sales on and you can pick up games dirt cheap.

• Like 1

only problem with PC is that it won't have Last Of Us, I'll be buying a PS4 when it comes out specifically for that

if you're not interested in that or other PS4 exclusives then buy/upgrade your pc to suit your needs.

7 hours ago, Dylan86.exe said:

It's cheap. I've considered it. But your limited to EA games only. Have you got Steam? They usually have sales on and you can pick up games dirt cheap.

re. Steam I will need to look at it as I can't remember if I ever played through Steam or not but anyway I should be fine with origin for couple of months :)

7 hours ago, Benny G said:

only problem with PC is that it won't have Last Of Us, I'll be buying a PS4 when it comes out specifically for that

if you're not interested in that or other PS4 exclusives then buy/upgrade your pc to suit your needs.

this is one of the downsides, some of the good games are only available via PS4 or xbox but maintaining all of those just because of few games would be pretty expensive so it's always tradeoff...

Guest Muon N'

A while back they offered all three FEAR games for 15 bucks, I got the second for 6 bucks via steam.

They do have some good specials at times.

Edit: still haven't completed it yet, same as Far Cry 3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier :lol:

Edited by Muon N'

before we start here is my mess, it's good mess serving me for long time and if I won't decide to clean it it might serving me even longer :lol:

IMG_0624s.thumb.JPG.effbfe14b711e4f9c255fcd4c1bac8b2.JPG

so finally chosen to tearing my old PC a part and make it ready for new HW, below part of the chassis where new water cooling block with 2x140 fans supposed to be attached

IMG_0625s.thumb.JPG.4965264800bba83a7e03f5745c8e84cd.JPG

and here's a shot why it won't work, those HDD holders aren't detachable, very disappointing find it out late evening :emot-bang::emot-bang::emot-bang:

IMG_0628s.thumb.JPG.81a5125273b4e58ea643abda087b03d4.JPG

fortunately I'm living in country where's nothing impossible, quick internet search, placing an order, tomorrow morning delivery...

in the meantime will start preparing everything and make it ready for new chassis, stay tuned....

IMG_0633.thumb.JPG.508d3ccd0c797d2361865f2ebd310719.JPG

Guest Muon N'

Ya' thread has inspired me to download Lost Alpha. A better pace for me at this age.

Loved Shadow of Chernobyl.

Edited by Muon N'
Grrr...typo

@Noum  lot of games to explore these days :)

slower than I expected, yesterday I didn't do much, most of the yesterday I spent behind kitchen sink fixing water pipes, than outside with family and day was gone :( , top of that this morning I realized that old mobo won't work, it does contain only 1 PCIe (mini ATX) slot but I forgot about wifi PCIe card so had to ordered new mobo, should be delivered later afternoon...

Started to work on new chassis (Phanteks Eclipse P400 white) so will report more later this evening...

2 minutes ago, kukynas said:

slower than I expected, yesterday I didn't do much, most of the yesterday I spent behind kitchen sink fixing water pipes, than outside with family and day was gone :( , top of that this morning I realized that old mobo won't work, it does contain only 1 PCIe (mini ATX) slot but I forgot about wifi PCIe card so had to ordered new mobo, should be delivered later afternoon...

Started to work on new chassis (Phanteks Eclipse P400 white) so will report more later this evening...

Haha i know that feeling. A lot changes between builds.

Let us know if you need help with anything.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'
7 minutes ago, kukynas said:

Nice case :thumb:

Love the newer cases, can't understand how we used to use the older ones with crappy ventilation two or three noisy 8cm fans if ya' had a good one :(

Guest Muon N'

The joys of the xray engine, had to uninstall Directors cut then the game, then pull the audigy card and revert to on-board audio, then update graphics driver and reinstall the game, then 3003 patch and directors cut mod.....and now it works...easy! :lol:

Edit: Oops, I better stop using ya' thread to rant on my game :blush:

Edited by Muon N'

22 hours ago, Dylan86.exe said:

Haha i know that feeling. A lot changes between builds.

Let us know if you need help with anything.

nothing specific so far except it goes sloooow :) but thanks anyway

22 hours ago, Noum said:

Nice case :thumb:

Love the newer cases, can't understand how we used to use the older ones with crappy ventilation two or three noisy 8cm fans if ya' had a good one :(

exactly, those el cheapo cases with boring design, noisy fans and no cable management

17 hours ago, Noum said:

Edit: Oops, I better stop using ya' thread to rant on my game :blush:

no worries, free to post any rant related to PC and gaming ;)

so, again no time for PC during the day but spent coupe of hours on it late evening...first problem with pipe fitings, didn't check that GTX doesn't contain any and of course I bought only 4 of them for pump and radiator :emot-bang: , so little bit of improvisation was required, not sure if it's visible on below picture but those with transparent pipe are 13/10 and those with black pipe are 11/8, I just re-used those originaly installed on pump and radiator, doesn't look best but who cares :lol:

consequently installed everything in place and start filling coolant, because the pump doesn't use separate water tank I had to use syringe and filling it up carefully bit by bit, it's still not done yet as I've seen bubbles comming out of radiator so will continue today, it's time consuming, fill a bit, close the pump, shake the case, open the pump, fill it again and so on... 

hopefully it'll be done today so that I can start connecting all the cables (pump is running from external PSU to protect mobo in case water start leaking somewhere) and accesories, tomorrow software and completion in case of no other fxck ups show up :lol:    

IMG_0639s.thumb.jpg.df0759113d94486e4761be9340a80f05.jpg

IMG_0636s.thumb.jpg.04d2a74a838e2eb5416b718a96793be1.jpg

IMG_0637s.thumb.jpg.8ecb64d08049caf342ed78bbf70d4d43.jpg

Guest Muon N'

Nice having a silent pump.

You are braver than I doing the WC the old way and not taking a shortcut using sealed systems. I killed a mobo and graphics card back when i did the DIY WC'ing. Was one drip from a hose barb connection on the CPU block..landed on the back of the G'card and rolled into the slot :angry::lol: Issue was I changed W'blocks after modding one with a dermal for better performance and didn't cut the used end of hose off before attaching so the expanded end didn't seal well enough in the longer run.

Hope all goes well for you :thumb:

Ah, game....LS-DC still crashing at random points in game, very frustrating that xray engine.

this is my first WC so trust me I was quite scared :) , spent couple of hours on YT checking what's the best way and what to avoid, everybody was recommending supplying pump with external PSU so that the mobo and GPU is not powered up in case of any leakage, I can imagine it's not funny to see your mobo with g-card killed with drop of coolant, money and effort gone :(

I bought this pre-assembled and sealed CPU kit just because it was cheaper than separate parts and I'm glad I did

I never had to deal with WC previously because it was so expensive (especially quality parts) that only hardcore or professional moders were willing invest into it, paying 200 bucks for entire kit and additional 100 for extra g-card fittings and better fans sounds like out of this planet if you compare it with prices 10-15 years ago...   

Guest Muon N'

@kukynas

Not criticising ya' choice, just relating my personal failure at a time.

Sorry if it came across as anything else :blush:

I'm sure you will be fine as you are being very careful :thumb:

4 minutes ago, Noum said:

@kukynas

Not criticising ya' choice, just relating my personal failure at a time.

Sorry if it came across as anything else :blush:

@Noum nooo, not at all, it must be my Czenglish or something :lol: ,  I was just expressing my feelings with your pain, such failures are sometimes necessary and of course for us newbies important info what to avoid ;)

Guest Muon N'
6 minutes ago, kukynas said:

@Noum nooo, not at all, it must be my Czenglish or something :lol: ,  I was just expressing my feelings with your pain, such failures are sometimes necessary and of course for us newbies important info what to avoid ;)

Hmm...a glitch in the Matrix maybe, hit us both or just me I have no idea :lol:

Now, where's that reset switch? :cool:

Guest Muon N'
24 minutes ago, kukynas said:

any progress with your xray engine? I never played Stalker, kind of too depressive for me :) 

I loved the official, once i sorted out the odd bug it was fine, played around 180 hours. Huge areas, living AI environments where other characters (including mutants) are doing their thing regardless of you...until you interact with them and that can go well or not. :) Night/day system ect'.

Get sick of games that lead you through by the hand.

Lost Alpha is a stand alone that isn't official but It's legal and free, so more buggy! add to that any mods you add to it and some get more bugs, the xray engine is a bit of a buggy thing though.

Not sure what in it would be depressing.

I loved the official, once i sorted out the odd bug it was fine, played around 180 hours. Huge areas, living AI environments where other characters (including mutants) are doing their thing regardless of you...until you interact with them and that can go well or not. [emoji4] Night/day system ect'.

Get sick of games that lead you through by the hand.

Lost Alpha is a stand alone that isn't official but It's legal and free, so more buggy! add to that any mods you add to it and some get more bugs, the xray engine is a bit of a buggy thing though.

Not sure what in it would be depressing.
I'm the opposite. I hate open world games. They're so big and take forever to finish anything. I don't have the time for it. Give me a story i can enjoy (like a movie):)

Mainly I just play EVE Online, doesn't require a monster PC, my specs are: i5 haswell refresh CPU, 16Gb DD3 1600 RAM, GTX760 2Gb Graphics, 500Mb M.2 SSD, 1TB + 2Tb HDDs.

I run 2x 22" monitors and a 27" monitor in the centre. Audio is taken from the optical out to a DAC then via my headphone amp to a 10w T-amp into 1970s Wharfedale full range speakers.

I've played STALKER, loved it, Crysis is good too. FEAR is also another I liked.

On the PC at the moment I have Skyrim and Fallout (3, Lost Vagas and 4). tend not to play them much these days though.

59e52763d2a09_PCsetup.thumb.JPG.24d6ae6b0f2f5318002df01cfd92ca90.JPG

Old pic with the Exposure 1010 for amplification.

Edited by Batty