Who collects 78s?

Hi all,

We at Dutch Vinyl get regular phone calls from people with 78s who mostly just hope to find a good home them.

If there are collectors of 78s then I am happy to pass people on to you or I can just post in this thread if I hear of a collection.

Be nice to see these collections saved from the bin :-)

Thanks,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Eggcup The Daft
9 minutes ago, jeromelang said:

I collect 1940s shanghai female singers 78s. 

Got any?

I thought some of my musical interests were obscure - but they don't match this.

Good luck with that ...... the Japanese occupied Shanghai from 1937 til 45 .... except for the International Settlement ......... which they occupied from 1941 after Pearl Harbour ............. the Chinese probably didn't feel much like singing ........... :(

Edited by Ancientflatulence

Yes, I'm interested in early jazz (20/30's), some late jazz (50's), Hawaiian, Australian country, rock+roll, r+b, blues, some early classical music, and a lot of other disks which look interesting or I can't think of at the moment.  I like to think that I'm saving some history from the tip.  I'm in Melbourne. 

Also, the Australian Jazz Museum will accept jazz 78 donations for their library, especially Australian disks.  I believe that they sell duplicates at a modest cost to raise funds.  Located in Wantirna, Vic. they are a registered museum; it's an interesting place to visit if you are in the area and have some time https://www.facebook.com/AustralianJazzMuseum/ 

• 1 month later...