sotm 200 ethernet issue

hey there

my sms 200 arrived .. but im having major problems connecting via ethernet .
i have had it connected a couple of times but it cuts out .. then the right side ethernet light stays on
which i assume is a problem as i think it should flicker when connected .

ive tried different ethernet cables .. different ports on my router and have never had issues before when connecting
mulitple devices from them .

unfortunately when this happens i cant access eunhasu .
also the sms 200 unit is giving me 2 different ip addresses .. not sure if this is an issue or not ? 
i did reflash the operating system via eunhasu when i was able to get in there but didnt fix the problem .

i dont see why it would be a network problem as this unit seems to be plug and play . but i could be wrong 

could the unit be faulty ?

anyone got any suggestions ?

im not totally hopeless with these things but no guru ..

ive sent an email to may over at sotm and waiting her reply . 

Did May at SoTM sort it out?

When I got my sMS-200 and then the Ultra they both just worked.

In your router page check under connected devices. Is it listed?

Have you tried another ethernet cable? Is the unit actually powering on all the time?

19 hours ago, Boomboy said:

unfortunately when this happens i cant access eunhasu .

also the sms 200 unit is giving me 2 different ip addresses .. not sure if this is an issue or not ? 
i did reflash the operating system via eunhasu when i was able to get in there but didnt fix the problem .

i dont see why it would be a network problem as this unit seems to be plug and play . but i could be wrong 

could the unit be faulty ?

SMS-200 getting 2 ip addresses is normal (and you can use http://eunhasu to access, regardless of ip address).  Your Optus router is setup to provide those with DHCP enabled. Not familar with your Optus screens, but within WLAN, there should be info on LAN ip addresses, subnet,  DHCP server and the addresses of DHCP clients.  Please provide screenshots of those pages and anything on LAN, WAN.

Cannot see any issues there. DHCP is enabled, lengthy lease time.  If you can provide the wlan basic & advanced settings, that will be good, but I suspect that there will be no issues there either.

As you know, my SMS-200 just plugged into the router and away I went.  I also checked both Eunhasu and my router, no special settings.

Given that you have tested other devices, tested more than one ethernet cable and port, I am guessing you have been unlucky and got a dodgy one with a bad ethernet port.  Sotm is usually good and will help you with trouble shooting and then arrange for a return and replace.

Was thinking that.. light blinks on rear of router but not light on rear of 200 . When i did get it up and running it didnt last long and then Ethernet light stays on .

Now i cant even get a ethernet light on front panel ... just power light.  Reset button doesnt help .

Ive spoken to krispy .. cam said we'd sort it out if needed .

Kamal gave me his mobile number and was helpful .. il keep trying .. but leaning towards dodgy ethernet switch. 

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Boomboy said:

.il keep trying .. but leaning towards dodgy ethernet switch.

But you have tried various devices to connect, ports and cables ? Maybe double check and do this systematically. 

If the ethernet switch in your router modem is faulty, then adding an external switch will not help; you will have to replace the box.

• Like 1

There are two lights on the ethernet port.  The green one (bottom left of the port) should be on and steady except at boot up.  The yellow one (bottom right) should be flickering.  If it's not, then there is a problem with the unit.  SOtM are very good with support and will sort your problem out one way or the other.

Hey there thnx . Yup done all that . All ports on router work for laptop and my nintendo switch dock . Just issues with 200 . I even try 200 with it being the only device connected to port . 

A new ugreen cat 7 three meter cable arrived 2day . I will try when im home .

4 hours ago, Boomboy said:

Hey there thnx . Yup done all that . All ports on router work for laptop and my nintendo switch dock . Just issues with 200 . I even try 200 with it being the only device connected to port . 

A new ugreen cat 7 three meter cable arrived 2day . I will try when im home .

Cat 5,6 or 7 won't make any difference am afraid. If the current cable works for your laptop, it should work for your DAC's Ethernet port. Go and check the routher connected device tab and see what's populated in the IP table. You can disconnected  everything else and just leave the DAC plugged in. If nothing shows up in the the connected table. I "ll say the config in 200 not accepting DHCP or hardware issues preventing leasing of an IP. Not the router or cable issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update on this ...

I may have finally solved it . I went to officeworks and bought a netgear 5 port switch . I hooked it up using the ugreen cat7 cable and it didnt work .. i removed the cat7 cable from switch to 200 and replaced it with cat5e that came with the switch.. then it worked and has been working fine all yesterday and this morning . 

I was even able to turm it off via enuhasu and turn it on again .

I was on the phone to the optus tech crew and they reflashed the filmware from the tower to my router .. not sure if that did anything though .

The problem might have been the rear rj45 inputs on router. they might have been acting like a hub and blasting bandwidth any where which was causing issues with the 200 unit ..

Anyway .. a few tests left but might be winning! 

20171009_124145.jpg

• Like 1

I think your connection/set up unlocked it . But we forgot to shut it down while it was connected to my set up .. cause thats when its stubborn to reconnect .

But yeah .. may have it sorted 

@Boomboy reading through this thread with interest, glad you sorted it out

just wondering if you have done any more testing with the ugreen cat 7 cable, i have a strong suspicion the sotm doesnt like certain cables, possibly the way they are constructed, the shielding or something else, i also had an issue with a particular cable, really slow and the music would stop but the same cable worked perfectly as an internet connection to a computer