Sign in to follow this  
Redav

Ressurecting a TX-SR806 (Fuse?)

Last Christmas our TX-SR706 died and after all the input and research, we ended up taking the cash and spending it on groceries (sad, I know but it means we have a clean slate for the future).

Last week our BIL offered us his TX-SR806 for free as it doesn't work (thinks it's just the fuse) and he won't use it in the house they now live. But he's now lost the fuse and be couldn't be stuffed finding another. 

So I'm wondering if there's any value in grabbing it and seeing if a replacement fuse fixes it? And use it until we get to buying a new HT system because I know it's not much of an upgrade over our damaged 706 (HDMI input no longer works) and wouldn't be of much use for a current HT setup with 4K.

I wonder of the fuse from the 706 is usable in the 806?

Still got my 806, great amp. Re the 706, the 806 is about 7-8 kg heavier. I'd figure that weight will be in the power supply. So I'd expect the 806 to have a bit more grunt.

duplicate post deleted.

Edited by Richard73
Duplicate post

I finally got around to looking into the fuse.  The fuses for the TX-SR706 and TX-SR806 are different and I managed to source what I think was the equivalent fuse but no dice.  I now wonder whether it might be the power supply.  We'll see, I'll try getting onto someone about it.  I might have an update in two or three years time 🤣