Which Dab+ Tuner Network player?

So having stripped back my system of the psaudio gear with sales to fellow sna'ers I find myself asking "Where next?"

Im looking for a do it all source, dab+ am/fm tuner with digital network and functional aerials, is there an eminent product or manufacturer?

Cambridge Audio one doesnt have am but otherwise fits the bill, Nadd7050 doesnt have any tuners at all.

If the unit can't play the australian summer of cricket on grandstand there's no point.

Suggestions welcome.

War weary, you don't need am as stations like am are replicated on dab+ and in much better quality :) 

i dont remember the Cambridge tuner I had having streaming but you maybe 

referring to later model

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

If only that were true in SW NSW...sigh...

not exactly sure where you are specifically, but the abc coverage maps must be checked for reception.

http://www.abc.net.au/reception/radio/dr_coveragemaps.htm

if unsure buy from a retailer with good return policy.

7 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

Al...for the next few of years Wagga/Junee area NSW....

Then back to Brissie...you bloody beauty...

Its the RS service for anything in the bush that frustrates me...

it is the unfortunate case, digital radio is really a non event past meter areas. if lucky.... can pick up further out, and probably with better antenna etc, but really its pretty limited ! 

am an early adopter of digital radio. I was actually listening to digital radio even before it was an official service, i.e. when they did the trail and it was DAB rather than DAB+

the government then suddenly without any warning any research that I know off just jumped onto dab+ ? wiht the declaration more work would be done to select a system for regional areas. well that was goodness knows how many years ago....especially with the way our political system works its all long forgotten

dab+ though works well in my opinion in metro areas( i had one day one of launch). have line of site of towers so dont even have to extend the antenna for it to get full reception. However I firmly believe it is really the wrong selection of a system for a country like australia. how ever in the wisdom of our politicians we will likely in time end up. like we do now wiht AM/FM in the analog radio we will have DAB+ and likely DRM and DMB which countries like france have adopted.

the whole other thing with radio...is i suspect they dont want to invest too much in new infrastructure when it can be possibly be streamed instead via the web.....

Seems that am is a dying format, fortunately I have a tiny tinnie dab+ clockradio and I can pick up grandstand on it with the aerial blutacked to the wall.

I saw there is a usb stick that serves as a dab+ tuner for a htpc, but I am weary of that as it's an electronically noisy environment at the back of my htpc so I though the dab+ wont likely work - the tv reception is fickle.

Obviously there's an opening for this in Wagga then, go see the manager of ABC local and see if they'll let you stream DAB+ from within their walls and become the local DAB station, not much work to do but wait I hear that might need a permit or two, now there's the problem right there.......

Call 1300 22 1027

This Oz built kit could be part of your answer Weary

Edited by agelessgoodguy
add on

But along the way I've purchased a Cambridge Audio One for the bedroom. It's a neat unit and can play the vienna acoustic haydn grand se too loud for comfort and hence cruises at all volumes of just right. Set up was gloriously simple and the dab+ tune works with the standard aerial in an area that dab+ isn't supposed to work, reception is crystal across the board.

I will now occasionally fall asleep to pink floyd and wake up to the One's alarm clock playing same.

I don't know your budget is, but my Naim ND5 XS does all of that.

The base ND5 is a network streamer via a ethernet port and can be controlled via the ND5, or remotely via the network, either via a PC or via WiFi using a phone or tablet. This includes internet radio, spotify, tidal, local network shares, etc.

The ND5 then supports two add on cards: one adds bluetooth, and the other adds a tuner (that supports FM).

It also has digital inputs and a USB slot for playing off flash drives.