Home Theatre Photography Tips

On 9/30/2017 at 8:04 PM, drummerboy01 said:

I took this shot a few minutes ago after mucking around with my camera settings. Does this photo need to be edited.I would not know what is a good shot or a bad one.:)59cf6b2a7d83a_IMGP2075(Large).thumb.JPG.91afee4e3dd9ee6a3a08874611665e5b.JPG

If you set your Pentax to shoot in RAW mode, rather than JEPEG, you'll find you will have a lot more options to adjust the picture to bring out detail / highlights etc in say the Reel to Reel tape deck, and Integrated amps front panel.

I don't know what video editing software you are using, but you can download a free RAW image editing software call RAWTherapee which will do the job as well as any paid for software, just output it as a JEPG when you have finished altering your shot so it can be uploaded on the internet.

http://rawtherapee.com/downloads

• Like 1

@drummerboy01 I see you have shot this f4 @  1/60th  sec with on camera flash. Surprised that you have decent depth of field - I guess the smaller sensor helps.

One of the best things with shooting on a tripod apart from having slower shutter speeds, is being able to compose a image properly.  If you don't have a tripod set it on a stool or chair - you can sit the lens on a rolled up towel or something to angle the lens.
Once you taken a shot you should be able to see on the camera that the composition could be changed-eg. shoot from a lower angle, the chair in the left foreground should be removed, etc, etc. once you got the camera set up ready to go as mentioned, in camera manual mode set it at f8 @ 1 sec (200-400iso) if it's too bright decrease shutter speed by a stop (1/2 sec) If too dark go to 2seconds

On camera flash always looks awful. avoid using it at all times. Maybe try opening the door on the right if you don't have windows to let light in.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOOT IN RAW FORMAT IF YOU GET IT RIGHT IN CAMERA.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2017 at 10:52 PM, misternavi said:

@drummerboy01 I see you have shot this f4 @  1/60th  sec with on camera flash. Surprised that you have decent depth of field - I guess the smaller sensor helps.

One of the best things with shooting on a tripod apart from having slower shutter speeds, is being able to compose a image properly.  If you don't have a tripod set it on a stool or chair - you can sit the lens on a rolled up towel or something to angle the lens.
Once you taken a shot you should be able to see on the camera that the composition could be changed-eg. shoot from a lower angle, the chair in the left foreground should be removed, etc, etc. once you got the camera set up ready to go as mentioned, in camera manual mode set it at f8 @ 1 sec (200-400iso) if it's too bright decrease shutter speed by a stop (1/2 sec) If too dark go to 2seconds

On camera flash always looks awful. avoid using it at all times. Maybe try opening the door on the right if you don't have windows to let light in.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOOT IN RAW FORMAT IF YOU GET IT RIGHT IN CAMERA.

Yep,that damm chair. I do have a tripod and next time I will def use it and will take your advice.Outdoors its so easy but indoors is another world altogether.