Sign in to follow this  
t_mike

SOLD: FS: NSW- Musical Fidelity X-Pre v3 With MM Phono

Item: Musical Fidelity X-Pre v3
Price: $450.00 OBO
Item Condition: VG Used

Reason for selling: No longer used and I need space
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, bank transfer Only
Extra Info: This was the pre that I used prior to an upgrade to a Classé. Not really much difference in sound after the upgrade, this pre is a little giant killer. Plenty of reviews on the net. To be honest I don't want to sell it as it would make a great back up for minimal outlay, but I have to move some things on, I'm getting buried. There are 2 very light marks on the top edge of the faceplate, other than that it looks and performs perfectly. I've never used the phone stage but it is MM only. I have all the original packaging and accessories. The size is normal length and height of typical components, but about 1/2 width so would work well if you have minimal space.

Pictures:

1505966771122-1089314699.jpg

1505966834040-1018808830.jpg

1505966869614699416614.jpg

Edited by t_mike
Spelling

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MattyW
      Item: Valab LCR-1 Mk2 phono stage 
      Price: $700 (A new LCR-1 costs over $1,300)
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: Buying a new DAC and getting a matching phono stage from Abbas Audio in the Ukraine. Upgrades.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:

Local pickup only. I will not entertain posting anywhere so only queries for local pickup,  or I can drop the phono stage to a Pack & Send if you've an account.

The best sounding phono stage I've been lucky enough to run. This stage is completely transparent and sounds as though it's not even in the sound chain. Not sure if you can ask for better than that, and certainly there's nothing better available at this price point.  The LCR-1 is known to compete with phono stages many times its retail price.

From all reports the Mk2 is better sounding than the Mk3 though I can't imagine it would be a large difference.

You can read a review of this wonderful phono stage here: 

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/LCR-RIAA-shootout.htm

Photos:

• By MachineMastering
      Item: Musical Fidelity M 8 Balanced Pre Amplifier
      Price: 2500
      Item Condition:Very good condition come remote but not boxed 
      Reason for selling:System change 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, 
      Extra Info: Good pre “smooth” presentation and Mm Mc stages options 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By krakatana
      Item: RJM Audio VSPS Moving Magnet DIY Phono Stage
      Price: Withdrawn from sale
      Item Condition: Working perfectly, some scratches on cases
      Reason for selling: Now using MC
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Excellent sounding phono, used for six months, built about two years ago. The cases are thin Aluminium, but have brass or Titanium plates at connector points.

Materials used: RJM VSPS and Dual-Bridge Rectifier kits, Dueland wiring for signal paths, Arizona Blue Cactus 2.2uF 200VDC output capacitors (with bypass caps), Altronics transformer, Furutech Rhodium FI-03 IEC inlet with fuse, 2 x Aluminium cases, Stillpoint ERS tape around power cable (light blue) in phono case, Gold coated pure Copper RCA plugs, 2 cm slate pieces under circuit boards and transformer, brass (front) and Titanium plates (rear). Well over $200 of materials used.

http://phonoclone.com/diy-pho5.html
      http://phonoclone.com/pcb.html
      http://phonoclone.com/diy-guide.html

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Believe1980s
      Item:  Pro-Ject Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier Sliver And Black Finish - Vinyl Pre-Amp
      Price: $280
      Item Condition: Mint / 99% New
      Reason for selling: upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD
      Extra Info:

Pro-Ject Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier Sliver And Black Finish - Vinyl Pre-Amp.
      Only open for test! Under warranty.
      Pro-Ject Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier
      The sonic quality of the Tube Box S is extremely impressive; a big improvement from the Phono Box S, and an audiophile upgrade for most analogue hi-fi systems. With a wide range of settings parameters, it can meet the needs of almost any phono cartridge on the market. Carefully selected audiophile-grade components make it possible to enjoy your valuable vinyl collection like never before!
      The class-leading music reproduction of the Tube Box S gives pure dynamics, full transparency, analogue warmth, bass texture, detail resolution and purity for all audible frequencies.
        Features
      • Audiophile Performance
      • Audiophile-grade ECC83 (12AX7)
      • Dual mono configuration
      • Audiophile-grade polypropylene WIMA capacitors
      • Precise RIAA equalisation
      • Switchable input impedance/capacitance
      • 3 adjustable gain levels
      • Subsonic filter
      • Outstanding sound quality

Technical Specifications
      Input impedance 10/100/1k/2k ohms(MC)/ 47k ohms (MM)
      Input capacitance 50/150/270/370pF
      Gain switch 41/51/61dB
      Signal-to-noise ratio MM (41 dB): 84dB (94dB – IEC -A)
      MC (51/61 dB): 67dB (75dB - IEC -A)
      THD 0.01% MM/ 0.05% MC
      RIAA deviance max. 0,4dB / 20Hz - 20kHz
      Subsonic filter -12dB @ 20Hz (non switchable)
      In/Out sockets 1 pair RCA connectors
      Power consumption 470mA / < 1 watt in standby
      Oversized power supply 18Volt DC/1000mA
      Dimensions (WxHxD) 103 x 74 x 104 mm
      103 x 74 x 115 mm (with sockets)
      Weight 810g net 

Photos: