Epson TW5600 vs TW6700

O.P.

Hey there

What are the big differences between the Epson TW5600 (or the old TW5300) and the TW6700 that justify the $1200 price difference? 
The obvious thing is the increased contrast of 35000:1 up to 70000:1
And more light: 2500 up to 3000 lumens
Anything else?

What differences should i see, and as a newbie am I going to see the differences without an expensive screen?

I am going to start out projecting on the wall and then get a pull down screen when I've worked out sizes.

I will be watching in a multi-use room with terrible light control during the day.
I've read others on the forums say that the 6700 is bright enough to watch in daytime, but is it too bright to watch at night if all the walls and ceiling are white?

Should i hold out for a refurb TW6700? (Can afford full price)

Thanks for your help

Main difference is the 6700 has lens shift which is very important in installation, It has more zoom I believe as well. Basically the 5300 has to place in exactly to right position to work which might not be good for your setup. The 6700 can almost be put anywhere then adjusted to suit. Not to mention is looks much nicer.

12 hours ago, Niallybin said:

The obvious thing is the increased contrast of 35000:1 up to 70000:1
And more light: 2500 up to 3000 lumens

Don't make the mistake of believing manufactures quoted contrast ratio of light output specs, they are just marketing BS. Bigger numbers sell even if they are totally unsubstantiated.

Less than 7000:1 is all you can expect from an LCD based projector with optimal lens and iris settings no matter how much the projector costs or who makes it.

Light output numbers are also highly optimistic. With accurately calibrated colour real output will normally be much lower.

The relative real world performance of the two models in question maybe nowhere near what the manufacturers number would suggest. After all they want you to buy the more expensive model which is far more profitable.

In short, take manufactures numbers with a bucket of salt.