JB HiFi's advertising

It's the same with all online suppliers, but I do wish they would show both the front and back covers of blu-ray's etc. All these problems with 'whats in the box vs whats in the description' would go away. Surely the distribution companies can send them both images for promotion.

• Like 1

I got 2 UHD's for $40 recently at JB, didnt even look at the aspect ratio! Was quite pleasantly surprised when it played fullscreen instead of letterboxed which is what normally happens, so now I know what to look out for lol. In saying that, the writing on the back is soooo tiny I struggle to read it anyway, even with glasses on at home, so would have buckleys in store.

13 minutes ago, swervyn said:

writing on the back is soooo tiny I struggle to read it anyway, even with glasses on at home, so would have buckleys in store.

yep i find am having to pull out my Eye-phone to try read the fine print on these things now days :D

thank goodness for sites like blu-ray.com but however they are not always helpful for releases in our region and you would hope think local retailers as a point of difference could offer that kind of info at the least. quite possibly its the distributor themselves i suspect that are not forthcoming ! 

• Like 1

Thinking about this rationally, I would be pretty confident that this is an 'innocent' mistake by JB - it's not like they've deliberately tried to mislead you into buying something.

There's not going to be someone at JB who manually inputs the details of every disc they sell - they will have the information provided to them by the distributor. JB will simply copy/paste that info into their database/webpage. It's not the store's fault, it's not the manager's fault - they have no control over what is on the website other than to provide feedback to head office if a complaint is made.

Threatening to get ACCC involved for something like this, to me, seems an overreaction - why not just ask for a refund or politely provide feedback. Alternatively, just look up JB Hi-Fi head office contact details and send an email. You can even make a complaint about the staff/manager you dealt with, if you feel you genuinely were not given adequate customer service.

All the contact information is easy to find...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/General/Contact-Us/

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/General/Corporate/Consumer-Matters/Consumer-Guarantees-Warranties--Refunds/

Untitled.jpg.0bb8666e06afd3d04ab635bab8af73b2.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ~Spyne~ said:

You can even make a complaint about the staff/manager you dealt with, if you feel you genuinely were not given adequate customer service.

yeah will see in my case i did that, and you will see the non response i got. they really dont care.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ~Spyne~ said:

Thinking about this rationally, I would be pretty confident that this is an 'innocent' mistake by JB - it's not like they've deliberately tried to mislead you into buying something.

There's not going to be someone at JB who manually inputs the details of every disc they sell - they will have the information provided to them by the distributor. JB will simply copy/paste that info into their database/webpage. It's not the store's fault, it's not the manager's fault - they have no control over what is on the website other than to provide feedback to head office if a complaint is made.

Threatening to get ACCC involved for something like this, to me, seems an overreaction - why not just ask for a refund or politely provide feedback. Alternatively, just look up JB Hi-Fi head office contact details and send an email. You can even make a complaint about the staff/manager you dealt with, if you feel you genuinely were not given adequate customer service.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/General/Contact-Us/

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/General/Corporate/Consumer-Matters/Consumer-Guarantees-Warranties--Refunds/

Untitled.jpg.0bb8666e06afd3d04ab635bab8af73b2.jpg

The product is fine in terms of defects and i enjoyed the movie as in this topic's case.Consumer affairs is their for a reason and they apply their expert advice and conduct to false advertising period.In this case there is no overreaction just a consumer who wants to get to the bottom of a problem which maybe no one else wants to do and for the sake of others so they can simply get what they want for there money.But there are staff out there that simply don't care and only go through the motions as in other cases too.The only overreaction in my case is of staff trying to pass the buck onto someone else that has nothing to do with my dealings and has accepted no money off me at all. Now that's not right.There is no secret here or middle ground as its just business on a principle that is clearly not there.As far as Threatening goes, that can happen Yes but i can assure you that no one was Threatened in my case.But i wont sit there and listen to total garbage by anyone trying to make me chase my tail when there is no need.That solves nothing.No need for a refund because the movie in region B or A for that matter is in 185.1 anyway.But i totally agree with you on the point that it can very well be an honest mistake and it probably is but having said that i refuse to chase my tail for the sake someone else's error.Now that gets up my nose.:)