Sir Sanders Zingmore

Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap - Privacy Discussion

3 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Am I the only one who thinks that allowing listening devices into my home is an invasion of privacy?

Certainly not.

I could not agree more and why people willingly let the likes of Google and Amazon monitor everything that is said in a household is beyond my ken. I know this won't be popular but I think this is the final nail in the coffin of privacy

Spoilsports. Think of the fun the monitoring people at Google, Apple and Amazon are having.

13 minutes ago, wolster said:

Spoilsports. Think of the fun the monitoring people at Google, Apple and Amazon are having.

Yep.

They can scarcely believe they are making tens of billions because people are apparently unable to turn on a light via a switch:)

Yep.

They can scarcely believe they are making tens of billions because people are apparently unable to turn on a light via a switch

That switch is a long way from my bed though you know...

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

still comfortable letting these "bugs" into your home?

..... asked the company to investigate after an Alexa device recorded a private conversation between her and her husband and sent it to a random number in their address book without their permission.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/24/amazon-alexa-recorded-conversation

3 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

still comfortable letting these "bugs" into your home?

..... asked the company to investigate after an Alexa device recorded a private conversation between her and her husband and sent it to a random number in their address book without their permission.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/24/amazon-alexa-recorded-conversation

Ha! I've just posted the exact same link in the Alexa thread 😀

I’m convinced. That is diabolical. Glad I haven’t bought one.

I reckon all these huge Multi National Corporations who vacuum up our private info are run by "Gordon Gecko" types whose mantra is "Privacy is Overrated"

It is ironic that Australians were horrified at the thought of a National I.D. card system years ago and it got rejected on Privacy Grounds. And now we willingly give up our privacy to the Mark Zuckerberg's of this world. Go Figure.