The JVC Calibration software looks pretty promising! I think I'll have to invest in it when I get my N7. I already use a Spyder 4 to calibrate my computer monitors, so I'm pretty comfortable with using colorimeters to calibrate displays. I had a look at the manual for the JVC Calibration software (for the X5900, X7900 and X9900, which I figure will be similar to the Calibration software for the 4K models when they come out) and noticed that JVC recommend the Spyder faces the projector, but you can use an X-rite i1 Pro2 facing the screen. Given I use a Stewart Firehawk screen, which is silver/grey not white, I'm a little unnerved by using the Spyder which possibly won't calibrate to my screen, but more to an assumed white screen, and might look at the i1 Pro2 instead. Only problem is the i1 Pro2 is $1600! It's expensive, but the savings in getting a professional calibrator out might make it worthwhile. 

On 07/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, Davo1972 said:

The JVC Calibration software looks pretty promising! I think I'll have to invest in it when I get my N7. I already use a Spyder 4 to calibrate my computer monitors, so I'm pretty comfortable with using colorimeters to calibrate displays. I had a look at the manual for the JVC Calibration software (for the X5900, X7900 and X9900, which I figure will be similar to the Calibration software for the 4K models when they come out) and noticed that JVC recommend the Spyder faces the projector, but you can use an X-rite i1 Pro2 facing the screen. Given I use a Stewart Firehawk screen, which is silver/grey not white, I'm a little unnerved by using the Spyder which possibly won't calibrate to my screen, but more to an assumed white screen, and might look at the i1 Pro2 instead. Only problem is the i1 Pro2 is $1600! It's expensive, but the savings in getting a professional calibrator out might make it worthwhile. 

There is always THIS