yeahpetrus

SOLD

Item: Fender Telecaster Custom Shop, with McVay G Bender
Price: $2000
Item Condition: See below
Reason for selling:
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

(Time to accept I really only enjoy playing acoustics nowadays, so should retire the electrics and associated gear). 

This is a truly awesome Custom Shop Telecaster w/McVay G Bender. A true beast of a guitar. I purchased it from a pro-player almost two years ago, and have only used it at home since. It has all the Custom Shop features you'd expect, and is a joy to play. Original case and paperwork.

It has developed a curious darkening on the back where it sits against your body. Not sure if this is just a light affect on the finish, as I've never really tried to remove it, and it's more noticeable in photos than in person.

There's probably a good argument that this is worth thousands more than being offered, but to be honest, I was lucky to buy it for a few hundred more a couple of years ago, so happy to offer it in SNA family at this price. Anyway, the price is whatever the market will bear... 
It comes with a true McVay G bender installed (these cost $1000+US, plus postage). To get an idea of what a G Bender can do, enjoy this - https://youtu.be/4OKZQSAIiyc

Pictures:

L1009732.jpg

L1009733.jpg

L1009735.jpg

L1009737.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, that darkening is the nitro cellulose finish ( common on original and vintage style replica guitars ) reacting to sweat, sunlight or, as in the case of the neck discolouration, probably where it rested against the guitar stand. The rubber on some guitar stands cause a chemical reaction with the nitro. 

4 hours ago, calypso said:

Yes, that darkening is the nitro cellulose finish ( common on original and vintage style replica guitars ) reacting to sweat, sunlight or, as in the case of the neck discolouration, probably where it rested against the guitar stand. The rubber on some guitar stands cause a chemical reaction with the nitro. 

Thanks. I'd assumed the nitro had picked up something from my t-shirt or the like. Seems like a common outcome with that finish.