ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES 2018 AUSTRALIAN TOUR

Marc

18 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

I went last night as well. 

I'm gonna be the misanthrope here and say it was a great spectacle but ultimately left me disappointed.

The lightshow and visuals were stunning

I didn't like the backing singers, I thought they butchered "Great gig in the sky" - it was screaming rather than powerful singing.

Waters cannot play guitar, his voice is struggling and his timing was out on some songs (he came in a bit early a couple of times on "Mother" - a pity really 'cos that song was actually a highlight)

To me, Gilmour's absence was strongly felt - both his voice and guitar are such an integral part of those songs

Ultimately it felt like Pink Floyd cover band with a guest appearance from Roger Waters

*ducks for cover*

*dons flame suit*

*sneaks out of the building* 

Agree with all of this. Saw "Pink Floyd" in 87 and 94 and Roger's Wall tour and this was the weakest of them. Still better than most mind you. The Animals set was excellent though and made the night. Brain Damage also excellent.

Lasttix discounting again at the moment.

I just jagged a solo front row seat for $80 for next week :ohmy:

http://lasttix.com.au/buy-discount-tickets-roger-waters-us-them?utm_source=Responsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-02-13 LASTTIX WA Roger Waters blog review GS

Edited by enikoy
  • Like 1

Somehow got 2nd row seats. Good thing it was a sit down concert.

Pretty damn good I reckon. I’ll refrain from reading how people think pink Floyd concerts were better back in the day. 

Edited by Mike13
Typo
  • Like 1

Back from the show and chilling out, went to Floyd in 88 and DSOTM and The Wall. This one was as good as any of them musically. Probably eclipsed in terms of the show by The Wall and the 88 Pink Floyd show. Sound was very good however I was not far in front of the desk.

I thought the backing singers were good, as well as the guitarists that played Gilmours lines. If I can figure out how to put them up I have some video so u can see for yourself.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, enikoy said:

Just realised it's 4 days short of 30 years since the 3/4 Pink Floyd show I went to in 1988. I remember the show clearly but this news coverage makes it seem a century ago.

Edited by enikoy
  • Like 2

Friend of mine showed me a short vid of the Brissy concert, looked amazing with the lazers etc going everywhere and big floating things droning around above the crowd.

Ticket-tape fell from the ceiling with 'resist' written on them all.

He isn't sure what he is supposed to be resisting though.

Adelaide show last night was the largest collection of balding middle aged men ever seen since the last SNA gtg.

Absolutely magnificent. One of very, very few older artists making a genuine attempt to connect with the audience and giving it his all. To me it was superior to the '88 Floyd tour. The show took the new level of technology available and used it spectacularly.

The band were Awesome on Rogers new material, I guess because half the guys he recorded it with are on tour and it might be closer to their hearts. For me Charade, Welcome to the Machine and Eclipse were beyond reproach. Some may complain his voice is past its best but it is better than you could possibly expect from a 75 year old. He also knows its limitations and worked around them or deferred to other vocalists.

An absolute privilege to have seen. I can not believe we will ever possibly get another opportunity. If you are in Perth, sell your mother, sell your children, sell your soul, but do whatever it takes to see his last Australian show.

Just to prove I am still one of us , I bought a counterfeit t-shirt from some bloke flogging them on the side walk on the way out, I don't think Roger would complain.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Ooogh said:

For me Charade, Welcome to the Machine and Eclipse were beyond reproach. Some may complain his voice is past its best but it is better than you could possibly expect from a 75 year old. He also knows its limitations and worked around them or deferred to other vocalists.

That song is actually called Pigs (Three Different Ones) ... and it was the best song of the night, IMHO. 

It seemed to me that Roger also worked around his vocal limitations using a backing tape on a few occasions.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon

1 hour ago, Mike13 said:

Most of the fans would be past middle age you’d think! 50+

I was expecting this at the Sydney show, but was surprised at how young many of the other attendees were. And they seemed to be enjoying it the most!

• Like 1

Adelaide show last night was the largest collection of balding middle aged men ever seen since the last SNA gtg.

Absolutely magnificent. One of very, very few older artists making a genuine attempt to connect with the audience and giving it his all. To me it was superior to the '88 Floyd tour. The show took the new level of technology available and used it spectacularly.

The band were Awesome on Rogers new material, I guess because half the guys he recorded it with are on tour and it might be closer to their hearts. For me Charade, Welcome to the Machine and Eclipse were beyond reproach. Some may complain his voice is past its best but it is better than you could possibly expect from a 75 year old. He also knows its limitations and worked around them or deferred to other vocalists.

An absolute privilege to have seen. I can not believe we will ever possibly get another opportunity. If you are in Perth, sell your mother, sell your children, sell your soul, but do whatever it takes to see his last Australian show.

Just to prove I am still one of us , I bought a counterfeit t-shirt from some bloke flogging them on the side walk on the way out, I don't think Roger would complain.

Hey I resemble that remark!! ?
And btw, fantastic show. I saw him 5 years ago which I enjoyed, but this one was better! Completely agree with the comments above.. I would have gone again if there as another show the next night! Hmm not going to Perth though...
  • Like 1

(3/4 + 1/4) / 29.99years = as close as it gets to me ever seeing 70s era Pink Floyd.

It was a great show, as I would only expect with that backline of musicians (and vocal tapes, maybe). Still leaves me to ponder the passage of time, just like the song itself, and when these rock legends will simply have to retire or at least give up the full stage performance.

Great experience and memories for the age. Thanks again Lasttix :)

rog1.jpg.97c0e8354cfb82c31cbdfd3cef6d2d7f.jpg

rog2.jpg.8ce7edc698949dbb7ad2b8cdc8d8bcd4.jpg

rog3.jpg.51aba920da1c527e40f75c4df60ad002.jpg

rog4.jpg.a016d2658fa826f5130a6cc05041e3e4.jpg

Edited by enikoy
  • Like 6