ROGER WATERS ANNOUNCES 2018 AUSTRALIAN TOUR

Marc

Highly recommend this show, was a huge Pink Floyd fan growing up and never dreamed I'd get to see a gig like this. I'm sure some die-hard fans will argue that it's just not the same, but I don't have a frame of reference and really enjoyed the show. The stage production was fantastic in the wall and there's a great documentary by the same name that talks about the stage production, definitely worth checking out if you're interested in the show.

I saw the PINK FLOYD tour when it came thru in, was it '88???

Also caught Roger on the first solo tour ( stunning) and THE WALL tour.

They were mighty events, and the clips of the new tour one can see on utube are very cool. Not everyone gets to tour with The Battersea Power Station!!!!

Billy.

• Volunteer
On 01/09/2017 at 4:17 PM, Zen Mister said:

I saw the PINK FLOYD tour when it came thru in, was it '88???

Also caught Roger on the first solo tour ( stunning) and THE WALL tour.

They were mighty events, and the clips of the new tour one can see on utube are very cool. Not everyone gets to tour with The Battersea Power Station!!!!

Billy.

Saw them twice on that tour. 

Second time, we had a few spliffs that went down very nicely 

Bought the tickets yesterday via the Telstra pre sale. Very excited.
My first concert of this scale. 
WD Kunar - unfortunately couldn't lower myself to being a Telstra customer so have just picked up tickets now.
Very hard to get good seats buying 3 and nightmare to navigate site- had good seats but then had too many in cart for some reason and had to start again!
Oh well - just being there will be a magic experience regardless of how far from stage [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, evil c said:

WD Kunar - unfortunately couldn't lower myself to being a Telstra customer so have just picked up tickets now.
Very hard to get good seats buying 3 and nightmare to navigate site- had good seats but then had too many in cart for some reason and had to start again!
Oh well - just being there will be a magic experience regardless of how far from stage emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Great. I am going on Sunday. When are you going. 

Maybe we can grab a drink before.

On 2017/09/05 at 5:24 PM, Gruffnutz said:

Dave Gilmour will sabotage this somehow...

:P

Yes. Maybe he will come and tour in Australia and NZ too. Sabotage indeed. How dare he.... Just imagine... Gilmour in Oz.... pffft!

Gentlemen,

Let me preface what I am about to write by saying I am a MASSIVE fan of Roger Waters. I believe he is responsible for a good chunk of the best popular music ever written.

However...... I am a labourer, I dig holes and lift heavy things for minimum wage. I would call that "us". First tickets for Telstra customers. I would call Telstra "them". Then ,later ,next tickets for Live Nation subscribers, as long as you give us all your private information to on sell. They are the Coles of touring companies, I would call that lot "them".   Then there are those low life's who buy ten tickets to sell later at massive profit, they are ars$holes and  also "them".  The first twenty rows cost mega dollars and are mainly purchased by corporate big wigs and VIPs, I would call that mob "them".

It is a sad outcome of the modern world and the convenience of our computer age that the real die hard fans get last grab at tickets. It used to be that the mad bugger prepared to spend a week sleeping on the footpath outside the ticket office got to be up front.  I would hope that an artist as popular and powerful as Roger Waters would put aside the first five rows for a "lucky dip" of ticket holders, you might just get put in first class. The wealthy buggers can have the next fifteen rows. 

Now Live Nation are probably the only touring company capable of delivering a tour of this complexity but only these major artists have the ability to demand a rethink on modern ticketing which disenfranchises the true fans. 

Fear not, I had the wife bashing crap into the computer the second we could lay our hands on some tickets. I will be there with bells on.

Normal service can now return.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Ooogh said:

Gentlemen,

Let me preface what I am about to write by saying I am a MASSIVE fan of Roger Waters. I believe he is responsible for a good chunk of the best popular music ever written.

However...... I am a labourer, I dig holes and lift heavy things for minimum wage. I would call that "us". First tickets for Telstra customers. I would call Telstra "them". Then ,later ,next tickets for Live Nation subscribers, as long as you give us all your private information to on sell. They are the Coles of touring companies, I would call that lot "them".   Then there are those low life's who buy ten tickets to sell later at massive profit, they are ars$holes and  also "them".  The first twenty rows cost mega dollars and are mainly purchased by corporate big wigs and VIPs, I would call that mob "them".

It is a sad outcome of the modern world and the convenience of our computer age that the real die hard fans get last grab at tickets. It used to be that the mad bugger prepared to spend a week sleeping on the footpath outside the ticket office got to be up front.  I would hope that an artist as popular and powerful as Roger Waters would put aside the first five rows for a "lucky dip" of ticket holders, you might just get put in first class. The wealthy buggers can have the next fifteen rows. 

Now Live Nation are probably the only touring company capable of delivering a tour of this complexity but only these major artists have the ability to demand a rethink on modern ticketing which disenfranchises the true fans. 

Fear not, I had the wife bashing crap into the computer the second we could lay our hands on some tickets. I will be there with bells on.

Normal service can now return.

Doesn't it strike you as funny? Roger Waters, writer of "Welcome To The Machine", "Have a cigar", "we call it riding the gravy traaaaiiiiin yaayaaayyyyy...." and spitting in the face of a fan during the Animals tour... I don't think he would condone the activities in which "they" (from "them") are engaged.

Last time I saw him live, in Hamburg, I actually went and bought the ticket at a counter. But that's been a long time now...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...