GIESELER Groß DAC official release

Gieseler Audio

hello I'm hoping people of the forum can help me and save me reading thru this thread and give me a yes or no answer ro simple answer. I'm wanting my end game DAC i have gungnir multibit at the moment and have PS audio cd player so im partial to go yoggi or ps audio DAC's but i hear so much good things from the Grob! and started my DAC life with the entry level GIESELER dac.

Is it possible for someone to say which is a clear winner regardless of system between the GROB, Yoggi and the PS audio dac I'm mainly coaxial dac in from cd player but will use usb in regardless if its that much better!

12 minutes ago, amisty said:

hello I'm hoping people of the forum can help me and save me reading thru this thread and give me a yes or no answer ro simple answer. I'm wanting my end game DAC i have gungnir multibit at the moment and have PS audio cd player so im partial to go yoggi or ps audio DAC's but i hear so much good things from the Grob! and started my DAC life with the entry level GIESELER dac.

Is it possible for someone to say which is a clear winner regardless of system between the GROB, Yoggi and the PS audio dac I'm mainly coaxial dac in from cd player but will use usb in regardless if its that much better!

Use this to quickly look through the reviews

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, amisty said:

Maybe not what you want to hear but nothing short of listening to them all in your system, only that way you can be the final judge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, amisty said:

Personally, I would get in contact with someone that has the Fein DAC II and see if you can demo it. I've tried the GroB DAC vs. the Schiit Gungnir with Gen 5 USB and I found the GroB DAC a winner. That was just a straight GroB DAC, no LPSU or anything.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...

Hi All.

I recently bought a used Groß 3 input DAC. The optical cable I'm trying to use has a surround that's too large for the cut-out in the rear perspex. I've looked at a number of other cables online and they all appear to have a surround that's too large.

Anyone know if is it feasible to remove the rear perspex so I can drill out the hole. I've looked at a number of other cables online and they all appear to have a surround that's too large. From what I can see it's attached using double sided tape or similar and doesn't appear easy to budge - would welcome any suggestions.

Note optical is the only input that is suited to my set-up.

Hi,

the hole size for the optical in is 12.8mm - there should be plenty of reasonable quality cables that will fit.

eg

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/optical-toslink-white-pearl/white-pearl-audio-leads/prepared-leads/cables-connectors/9452/fl/

I would not advise removing the panel as I use a professional permanent double sided tape so it will be quite difficult to remove the panel.

If you really must enlarge the hole the best way would be to remove the PCB & then use a reamer. 

43 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Hi,

the hole size for the optical in is 12.8mm - there should be plenty of reasonable quality cables that will fit.

eg

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/optical-toslink-white-pearl/white-pearl-audio-leads/prepared-leads/cables-connectors/9452/fl/

I would not advise removing the panel as I use a professional permanent double sided tape so it will be quite difficult to remove the panel.

If you really must enlarge the hole the best way would be to remove the PCB & then use a reamer. 

Thanks Clay. I've managed to trim the cable's surround so it fits nicely. :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

A bit of a resurrection here.

But would anyone have a Grob in Melbourne with a coax input that I could listen to on my system?

Got an itch.

TIA ?