Gieseler Audio

GIESELER Groß DAC official release

2 hours ago, Gieseler Audio said:

I will have to get back to regarding Linux based server.

Plus the Sotm SMS-200.   It seems to able to recognise my current dac by its name, so I assume it reads the info from dac???

Hi Guys

Sent Clay an email to order one.  Just spoke to soimeone whose ears I trust, but cant name who was VERY impresssed - that good enough for me.

Want the Singxer version.

Will be giving Clay a special notebook I have purchased just for Music.

It will run HQPlayer and upsample everything to 768K - which is getting close to DSD anyway.  My current experimentation showed music was dull then up-sampled it to DXD (354k) and it came alive.  Used the Direct Stream DAC which does massive up-sampling itself, so obviously HQPlayer up-sampling is better than what the DS does.  But it really up-samples - to 10XDSDS- wow.

Thanks

Bill

Nice work Clay, I'm interested!

With so many clever things going on inside I thought my suggested name, Klug DAC ('clever' DAC) would've been perfect!

Is there any reason why the power button appears to be mounted sideways?

Very keen to hear the final price.

Hi Clay,

some info from kitsunehifi.com, the US Singxer distributor.

The Singxer F-1 is under SALE, so maybe there is a new one upcoming.

There is a second best Singxer C-1 in two versions with different clocks, less expensive than the F-1. All versions are Amanero compatible.

I have read that the F-1 has DC-DC converters onboard, maybe not the best solution.

Please be so kind to check this out.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsor

Whoops on the power switch orientation - I was looking at the back of it & kept the terminal text upright but obviously not correct.

I should have done a quick Google on the symbol & the correct orientation comes up instantly.

Name - it is a bit tricky but just think small DAC - Klein or big DAC - Groß

Matt thanks for the info on the Singxer boards, I will look into it.

Bill - thanks for the order - left work early so didn't see the email.

Yes our mutual  friend was most impressed.

Guys sorry for few small glitches - my offsider who normal handles all this was away & my skills are in electronic area & not marketing.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

A few of us have Singxer SU-1 devices. Would these still provide better USB performance fed into your DAC via SPDIF than the Amanero board natively?

Other than that - I think you’d better get ready for orders as soon as you put the indicative price out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few of us have Singxer SU-1 devices. Would these still provide better USB performance fed into your DAC via SPDIF than the Amanero board natively?

Other than that - I think you’d better get ready for orders as soon as you put the indicative price out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsor

Raffinator I would have thought directly in via the Amanero USB would sound best especially since it has a vastly superior PSU but you never know. A listening test is the only certain way to verify this.

Guys I feel the sound of this unit is quite exceptional so I would love to get a few of them out there into the field where you can try it in your own systems for a decent audition. That is the only way you are going to know what  it really sounds like.  My plan is to build three or four demo units & distribute them around for you to try for three or four days & then ship on to the next participant. It should fit into a 5kg Express post satchel using suitable strong carton. Cost would be about $25 per participant. What do you think? 

Edited by Gieseler Audio

7 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

My plan is to build three or four demo units & distribute them around for you to try for three or four days & then ship on to the next participant. It should fit into a 5kg Express post satchel using suitable strong carton. Cost would be about $25 per participant. What do you think? 

Count me in. And instead of mail, perhaps for the major cities, holder of unit takes it to next person. Less chance of damage?

19 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Raffinator I would have thought directly in via the Amanero USB would sound (best) especially since it has a vastly superior PSU but you never know. A listening test is the only certain way to verify this.

Guys I feel the sound of this unit is quite exceptional so I would love to get a few of them out there into the field where you can try it in your own systems for a decent audition. That is the only way you are going to know what  it really sounds like.  My plan is to build three or four demo units & distribute them around for you to try for three or four days & then ship on to the next participant. It should fit into a 5kg Express post satchel using suitable strong carton. Cost would be about $25 per participant. What do you think? 

Hi Clay

An excellent idea. 

Maybe if members can take it to QLD Audio Club, Sydney Audio Club or just a few GTG's - these events are always fun and a good platform to get an opinion and an experience.

Mike Lenehan has been promising a GTG for a while now - an it is high time that we have one to listen to ML5, kit speakers, etc. Would be good to see how yours do against what he has in his shed.

@tasso and @chanh  out west might be interested too. I know they are fully in Accuphase land, but you never know. 

I will ask the guys around NNSW and let you know - I am always trying out stuff so will ask the guys around here and Coffs if they are interested in a GTG.

Edited by Jventer
Typos