GIESELER Groß DAC official release

Gieseler Audio

A few of us have Singxer SU-1 devices. Would these still provide better USB performance fed into your DAC via SPDIF than the Amanero board natively?

Other than that - I think you’d better get ready for orders as soon as you put the indicative price out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A few of us have Singxer SU-1 devices. Would these still provide better USB performance fed into your DAC via SPDIF than the Amanero board natively?

Other than that - I think you’d better get ready for orders as soon as you put the indicative price out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raffinator I would have thought directly in via the Amanero USB would sound best especially since it has a vastly superior PSU but you never know. A listening test is the only certain way to verify this.

Guys I feel the sound of this unit is quite exceptional so I would love to get a few of them out there into the field where you can try it in your own systems for a decent audition. That is the only way you are going to know what  it really sounds like.  My plan is to build three or four demo units & distribute them around for you to try for three or four days & then ship on to the next participant. It should fit into a 5kg Express post satchel using suitable strong carton. Cost would be about $25 per participant. What do you think? 

Edited by Gieseler Audio
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

My plan is to build three or four demo units & distribute them around for you to try for three or four days & then ship on to the next participant. It should fit into a 5kg Express post satchel using suitable strong carton. Cost would be about $25 per participant. What do you think? 

Count me in. And instead of mail, perhaps for the major cities, holder of unit takes it to next person. Less chance of damage?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Raffinator I would have thought directly in via the Amanero USB would sound (best) especially since it has a vastly superior PSU but you never know. A listening test is the only certain way to verify this.

Guys I feel the sound of this unit is quite exceptional so I would love to get a few of them out there into the field where you can try it in your own systems for a decent audition. That is the only way you are going to know what  it really sounds like.  My plan is to build three or four demo units & distribute them around for you to try for three or four days & then ship on to the next participant. It should fit into a 5kg Express post satchel using suitable strong carton. Cost would be about $25 per participant. What do you think? 

Hi Clay

An excellent idea. 

Maybe if members can take it to QLD Audio Club, Sydney Audio Club or just a few GTG's - these events are always fun and a good platform to get an opinion and an experience.

Mike Lenehan has been promising a GTG for a while now - an it is high time that we have one to listen to ML5, kit speakers, etc. Would be good to see how yours do against what he has in his shed.

@tasso and @chanh  out west might be interested too. I know they are fully in Accuphase land, but you never know. 

I will ask the guys around NNSW and let you know - I am always trying out stuff so will ask the guys around here and Coffs if they are interested in a GTG.

Edited by Jventer
Typos
  • Like 1

Slight problem - Just had a email from  Dom in Pizza Italy - Amanero  Combo 384 USB boards currently out of stock.

He should have more stock in about a week so that should be OK.

Next move is to get some more Jensen Transformers as they take a while.

I'm in too Clay love to trial one of these there'd have to be more ACT members that would want to participate as well.

Edited by BATMAQN

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the enthusiasm. OK I will get some more DAC's built & PM you for address details when I have a few to ship. I can't wait to see what see what think of sound of this. I am seriously convinced that it is extremely good & that was reinforced today when a very experienced colleague confirmed  this as well.

2 hours ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Hi Clay

When you build mine you can use it for that around the Brisbane-Gold Coast area with my special computer and the iso regen which should be arriving sometime in September.

I have done it with other stuff and an issue is getting it back in the same state you sent it.  It's not really the person who got it is at fault - its what happens in transport.   That's why I will limit mine to picking it up from you and coming along to comparisons I hope to organise -  especiallly with the Queensland Audio Club I am a member.

I would suggest people in major areas like say Sydney put up their hands and have it sent to them.   They can then lend it out to people and ensure its packed well when returned to you.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gieseler Audio said:

Raffinator I would have thought directly in via the Amanero USB would sound best especially since it has a vastly superior PSU but you never know. A listening test is the only certain way to verify this.

Now that's interesting.

Would the ISO regen have a similar effect?

Also just found out the Singxer only does 384 and not 768 which I really wanted to use - like I said up-sampling was just amazing through my DS - it was a joke.

I may stick with the Amanero - evidently that high in sampling jitter is much less of an isssue.

Anyway when i lend you my PC (remember it runs off battery) you can check it out.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

thank you very much for the generous loan/demo use of your unit. The addition of the iso Regen will be great too.

Also I like the idea of shipping say one unit to a major city & then local pick up from that point on. Transportation via freight companies is always a risk so the less of that the better. The Jensen transformers are quite heavy so I might have to add some extra internal  foam support between them & the lid which can be removed before  use. 

OK I better finish off the parts costing & work out the price.

• Like 1

PRICE

I was not originally planing on using the much higher specked & larger Jensen line output transformers so that has pushed my parts cost up quite a bit. Also I have ended up using more expensive regulators plus larger capacitors & few other upgraded parts.

Bottom line is I am over budget on my original estimate. 

I had originally estimated about $2k so I'm going to stick to that price for the first five orders & then revise it after that. It will probably end up at about $2350.

So the offical introductory price for the first five units is $2000

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

PRICE

I was not originally planing on using the much higher specked & larger Jensen line output transformers so that has pushed my parts cost up quite a bit. Also I have ended up using more expensive regulators plus larger capacitors & few other upgraded parts.

Bottom line is I am over budget on my original estimate. 

I had originally estimated about $2k so I'm going to stick to that price for the first five orders & then revise it after that. It will probably end up at about $2350.

So the offical introductory price for the first five units is $2000

Clay, if it is that good I think you are selling too cheap.