Sign in to follow this  
nothing1

setting up a Panasonic EZ950 and DMP-UB900

so i own the panasonic EZ950 and DMP-UB900(set to output 12bit 4.4.4) and would like some clarification on what settings i should be using for the two, i play blu rays and uhd blu rays(no dvd's) i used the spears and munsil 2 calibration disc and found that if i have the tv's colour gamut set to 709 that the colour space pattern does not display ideally but if i use the tv's native colour gamut setting then the colour space pattern is displayed pretty much perfectly,. My question is is this ideal, if not should i have two lots of settings one for blu rays and one for uhd and could someone please advise on what settings to use for each in regard to colour space output. Thanks

Hi nothing1,

I have responded to your PM regarding this question before realising there was a thread here as well.

Thanks, i will get back to you regarding calibration.

On 30/08/2017 at 9:40 AM, nothing1 said:

so i own the panasonic EZ950 and DMP-UB900(set to output 12bit 4.4.4) and would like some clarification on what settings i should be using for the two, i play blu rays and uhd blu rays(no dvd's) i used the spears and munsil 2 calibration disc and found that if i have the tv's colour gamut set to 709 that the colour space pattern does not display ideally but if i use the tv's native colour gamut setting then the colour space pattern is displayed pretty much perfectly,. My question is is this ideal, if not should i have two lots of settings one for blu rays and one for uhd and could someone please advise on what settings to use for each in regard to colour space output. Thanks

Ideally you would have two different calibrated modes.  Practically, you will probably be better off to use "native" now as you are sending two different colour spaces - 709 for BD and 2020 for UHD discs (assuming they are 2020 and not 1886), otherwize you will be forced to go into the menu and manually the colour space settings.  

The players outputs also affect the result.