Getting a bit more crowded in the atmos/dts-x top of the line market with trinnov ; datasat and soon emotiva . Slightly different implementation from the Lyngdorf P200 in that there are no matching class d amps  and proprietary digital output cat5 types though still using room perfect eq .

http://lyngdorf.com/mp-50/

Listing for $17k at one AUS website :ahappy:

Edited by cwt
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

On 1/26/2018 at 12:12 PM, Craigandkim said:

Very nice piece of kit if you can afford it - once again typical AUS prices ridiculous compared to USA RRP 

So bloody true.

No one in his right mind will buy from AUS, when the power supply on that unit its 110-240V auto switching..

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh?

I'm interested in upgrading my Anthem d2v at some point and the MP-50 is on the list (alongside a Datasat and the new Emotiva RMC-1 if they ever get around to releasing it).

I'm curious if there is a Victorian reseller I could speak to but the distributor doesn't seem to show one.

• 2 weeks later...

Craig, I have just installed my MP-50 and can confirm it is a fantastic product. There is a big improvement in the audio over my previous Pioneer processor amp. The build quality and product styling is also very good. Set up is fairly straight forward  but requires time. I really hate working with a torch and mirror to plug in cables. However, I got there in the end. It surprised me the microphone input and SD card used for backing up the settings, are on the back of the MP-50. It would be much more convenient if  they were accessible from the front.  I suspect this is a styling concession.  The room correction software is easy to use and effective. Previously, I found the dialogue in movies sometimes to be hard to hear clearly. With the MP-50 it is very clear. I also found that the audio integrated well with my REL Studio III sub. 

I purchased my MP-50 from Audio Connection in Sydney. I live in Adelaide and was not able to audition the unit. However, I have bought audio equipment from them before and they have always provided good service and been helpful when I had questions. Josef and Janson are the staff members I like to deal with.

• 1 year later...

Lyngdorf has announced the MP60 which expands the 50's discrete + matrix speaker options to the new 16 channel dsp's that others now have :)

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3089172-lyngdorf-announces-native-16-channel-mp-60-cedia-2019-october-2019-shipment.html#post58520068

For MP50 owners who just want the new Hdmi 2.0b board upgrade this is the US approach -

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3089172-lyngdorf-announces-native-16-channel-mp-60-cedia-2019-october-2019-shipment.html#post58520084

Like other brands they have foregone an onscreen gui for a tablet/phone config to simplify/ assist edid handshaking with the high bandwidths dealt with these days ..

• 1 year later...

At the risk of resurrecting an older thread.

I'm seriously looking at the Lyngdorf MP-40 once it has been upgraded to HDMI 2.1. Has anyone whom has bought any of the lyngdorf pre pro's (40, 50 or 60)  been able to negotiate a discount (if so rough percentage I should be aiming for?). 

Secondly, I know it's unlikely but has anyone had the opportunity to demo in their own home before buying?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't buy mine locally but I'm sure you should be able to negotiate a decent discount based on the price difference between Australia RRP and US MSRP. 

They should be able to let you have a home demo if you paid for the unit in full.  

What are you upgrading from? 

17 hours ago, paulie83 said:

I’ll be upgrading from a Yamaha aventage a-1050 connected to an elektra 5 channel amp. So should be a massive upgrade on the processing side.

Should be a major difference. It has a very low noise floor so you should notice more details even before you engage roomperfect. Let me know what you think of it when you get it in!