Primaluna dialogue premium hp intergrated amplifier

I know this is item isn't focused as a headphone related item but it  does sound quite interesting on paper. 

I was interested if anyone has used it as a headphone amp with some planar magnetic headphone and their feedback

download.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am using a Primaluna HP primarily for speakers but occasionally I use my headphones with it. I have HD800, LCD-2f, ZMF Eikon and Atticus.

This amp sounds great with both speakers and headphones. It drove the planar magnetic with authority and absolute control.

I thought my Ragnarok and Euforia sounded great with headphones but the PL HP is in another league. Clarity, details, fast transients and tight impact bass, this amp is not just about power but finesse and musicality. It's hard to put the headphone down.

Ultimately I had to because speakers just sound so much better.

I am using a Primaluna HP primarily for speakers but occasionally I use my headphones with it. I have HD800, LCD-2f, ZMF Eikon and Atticus.

This amp sounds great with both speakers and headphones. It drove the planar magnetic with authority and absolute control.

I thought my Ragnarok and Euforia sounded great with headphones but the PL HP is in another league. Clarity, details, fast transients and tight impact bass, this amp is not just about power but finesse and musicality. It's hard to put the headphone down.

Ultimately I had to because speakers just sound so much better.
Thanks odyssey

Will start trolling some hifi store for a demo

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Guest Muon N'
On 10/9/2017 at 5:08 PM, gradohn said:

It may not concern, but where í the original of Prima Luna?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

But if you mean the origins I think that is USA.

21 minutes ago, Noum said:

I'm not sure I understand the question.

But if you mean the origins I think that is USA.

I thought Prima Luna originated in the Netherlands.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally been able to bring the HD800's home to NSW to try with the PrimaLuna Dialogue HP and I am truly very impressed. I admit I have only tried them being driven by the Oppo 205 previously which I thought was pretty impressive, that was until I plugged them into the PrimaLuna about an hour ago.

It will be very hard to take the HD800's back to the Gold Coast next week knowing there is no PrimaLuna amp up there.  ... :(

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

I have finally been able to bring the HD800's home to NSW to try with the PrimaLuna Dialogue HP and I am truly very impressed. I admit I have only tried them being driven by the Oppo 205 previously which I thought was pretty impressive, that was until I plugged them into the PrimaLuna about an hour ago.

It will be very hard to take the HD800's back to the Gold Coast next week knowing there is no PrimaLuna amp up there.  ... :(

cheers Terry

Terry, HD800 sounds great on Primaluna HP. For a great stereo amp, it's actually a very good headphone amp. One of the best I've heard.