Epson TW9000 issue

Hi all,

Well it looks like my TW9000 is starting to have more permanent issues. Over the past year I've been having cyan lines appear randomly on my screen. It's now evolved to a permanent yellow line. 

Apparently $1500 to repair. So my question is, is it worth repairing, or has projector technology come far enough in the last 6 years that I can now purchase the equivalent specification projector for $1500.

Let me specify that I am not looking at buying Epson 9300. I've had top of the range at the time, I don't need 3D or 4k upscale. Just want something that produces an image as well as my 9000 has over the past 6 years.

Or do I repair?

All options appreciated.

img%5D

fad49nl.jpg

whats the 1500 to repair ? pretty much new light engine ? which is pretty much the guts of the thing. so in effect will end up with a new projector for all purposes.

is that a good weigh up ? just be carefull as epson do tend to use refurbished light engines so would want to pass to satisfaction after the job. 

whats the options ? well something to level of epson whether you want 3D or 4k or anything isn't going to be any less than 3K or so, more likely closer to 4-$5k which is what the 9300 is and really is direct replacement.

the epson and I owned one and found were very good ! I to improve on it went with the jvc x35 which was very good and in real terms didnt cost that much more. the jvcs these days even base model here quite a bit more.