WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: FS: Swans D2.1se+ bookshelf speakers [MEL] another price drop!

tem: Swans D2.1se+ bookshelf speakers
Price: $1250   $1150  $1000 OBO - I want them gone!
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: I have my eye on something else that I want, and need funds
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I have owned these speakers from new (about 5 years). They are a very high quality bookshelf speaker by Swans (the speaker brand of HiVi loudspeakers - one of the large OEMs that make speakers for a number of well known brands). They have a silk dome tweeter, and a 6.8 inch midbass driver. The speakers like a bit of power, and definitely prefer to be out from the wall a little bit to perform at their best. 

Last time I saw these for sale in AU they were $2600, so this represents good value. Their build quality and performance would embarrass a lot of  brands. 

The cabinets are a piano lacquered rosewood finish, and are really spectacular. The pictures don't even come close to showing how nice they are (I put a couple of generic internet pics in as well, which show the finish and colour better)

In the interests of full disclosure, a few years ago, I had an amp malfunction, and the chokes in the crossover were damaged. I took the speakers to Total Recoil in Thornbury for repair. The speakers were tested and no damage had occurred to any other components, so the chokes were professionally replaced. The speakers have performed flawlessly since. I don't think anyone would ever know, but I want to be totally honest about everything that I sell. When I picked the speakers up, they remarked that they were one of the better built speakers they had had seen. 

As always, I prefer a local buyer that can inspect and hear the speakers, however I have the original double box and packing materials, and could potentially ship interstate (insured) at the buyers expense and risk. Please note that the box is very large and weighs 28kg, so it would not be cheap!

If you are interested in an audition, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

IMG_1035.thumb.JPG.39c0c8763df3298dc862ceff0c20b1f3.JPG

post-52-1207914460.jpg

f9e7bc9aa725b27fedc31bfd1d45d532.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Love 1

Why do the woofers in the first two pictures look different to the ones in the other pictures?

Hi,
The woofers are the same, but the first pics are stock internet photos that show the finish on the cabinets better than my potato phone pics.
The ones that are outdoors are the actual speakers.
If you are interested, I'm more than happy to provide more pics of the actual speakers. I can use a proper camera if that helps to show how nice they look.
Cheers
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pictures are fine thanks. I was referring to the number of screws, the stock pictures have 12 screws in each woofer, and your woofers have 6 screws each.

Ah yes, I see that! The stock photos also show a single wire set of connections. The speakers for sale are bi-wire connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...