We this is a movie to get in 4K. It has a marvelous Transfer and I would have to say it has to be just about the best of HDR Mastering  I have seen so far.

I wrote the below on the Dolby Vision Vrs HDR 10 thread below.

Well I was Shock last night as I watched Prometheus in 4K and Considering this Movies has a 2K intermediate Master Format (Redcode RAW 5K) the Transfer was Very GOOD but when it come to the HDR and HDR effect I want to congratulate the Mob that done it. I has to be the best Example of HDR I have or still remember today. I was a Master piece. The LG 86SJ957T is known not by have good Blacks and considering this movie is DARK like Deep Water Horizon, John Wick 1 and 2 + Start Trek Beyond It SHI.Ts over them with the HDR.

I would love to see this Movie on a LG Oled Or Maybe Samsung that has Good blacks and having higher nits (Samsung Only). Maybe our LG did a good job of showing tius movie because of having 1500 nits on peak brightness

It show you that the Person responsible of the Mastering of HDR on this Movie needs to be given a medal.

great to hear. i have on uhd and cant wait to watch before covenant....

big fan of prometheus so interested to see what they have done with this re master. has great source ... though a 2K intermediate... there is still plenty of goodness to work with and possibly we will see the 2k in all its glory for first time. let alone what HDR and wcg brings to party :)

16 hours ago, al said:

big fan of prometheus so interested to see what they have done

Put your sunglasses on because the Battery torches will blind you. In General this is a 2K Intermediate and looks VERY good not just the blind you bit and when you look at Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood) this is a REAL 4K but the Worst real 4K you can ever see and by this you cannot go by what real and fake 4K anymore to get the best for you and your telle

Edited by Blackman

I would say that any TV that has the Best contrast and has the higher nits at say 10% will be the best to see this movie.

The Funny thing is the LG is well known for not being good in black and dark movies like Unforgiven, Deep Water Horizon, and others but in Prometheus its somehow shown to be different and the Movie is Dark. Maybe because the dark scenes have some good HDR bits in there to light it up when its dark.

I watched this on again on bluray a couple weeks back and loved it this time around. 

Maybe it's an upgrade if its in the 2 for $40 UHD sales that JB have jumped on to compete with Sanity. I never took nay notice of this title on Sunday. Just saw that JB didn't have UHD copies of Alien Covenant or John Wick 2

1 minute ago, jutta said:

I watched this on again on bluray a couple weeks back and loved it this time around. 

Maybe it's an upgrade if its in the 2 for $40 UHD sales that JB have jumped on to compete with Sanity. I never took nay notice of this title on Sunday. Just saw that JB didn't have UHD copies of Alien Covenant or John Wick 2

Last week I got John Wick 2 and Prometheus when there was no discounts but the guy there he know I purchase from Amazon and knocked off $10 for the both of them so I bough them.

You will not be disappointed with prometheus. Even before the Movie starts (on the Main Menu) you will be startled by the PQ.

17 hours ago, Dylan86.exe said:

Prepare to be disappointed for Covenant then... And I loved Prometheus! :(

No doubt you watch Prometheus in 4K with HDR? And if this is the case what did you think of the Dark Scenes with the flashlight? and in general Quality in PQ of the movie. This has to be the Best example of a 2K intermediate movie that shine more like a 4K + title. Maybe It suited the LG IPS TV.

Edited by Blackman

9 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

No doubt you watch Prometheus in 4K with HDR? And if this is the case what did you think of the Dark Scenes with the flashlight? and in general Quality in PQ of the movie. This has to be the Best example of a 2K intermediate movie that shine more like a 4K + title. Maybe It suited the LG IPS TV.

Oh I meant the movie overall. I have a bluray copy of it. I'm not keen on a 4k version of it after seeing it. It was a bit of a mess in terms of story.