Epson tw6700 question

Hello guys, I want to buy my first projector. Heard good things about epson tw6700 and I found one online for $1550. I want to know if it is goid for the room 3.5m x 4.4m. The screen will be on 4.4m wall. Also I don't move into my new house for few more months. Is it good idea to buy now or wait it out and price may go down towards the end of the year. Apologies for the noob questions

For that throw distance you'll be limited to a maximum 16:9 screen size of 105" even if mounted at the back of the room (and may need to use a right angle HDMI connector with the tight clearance on the back wall).

I'd suggest waiting to purchase - you'll only be burning up warranty time if you've got it boxed up doing nothing.

firstly that is a nice price.. refurb? seconds or 2nd hand i would guess. they do pop up from time to time and if you wont be using it as noted you waste warranty time and/or finding any problem quickly that could help with any refund situation.

as a benq owner with that distance you could easily get 125" screen.. as the eppy i would think 100" in real life set up would be the limit. this is not an anti epson point as the pj you are considering is a fine pj.

where will you be sitting? how high will the screen be mounted and will you mount the pj shelf or ceiling?

the room environment will also matter.

2 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

firstly that is a nice price.. refurb? seconds or 2nd hand i would guess. they do pop up from time to time and if you wont be using it as noted you waste warranty time and/or finding any problem quickly that could help with any refund situation.

as a benq owner with that distance you could easily get 125" screen.. as the eppy i would think 100" in real life set up would be the limit. this is not an anti epson point as the pj you are considering is a fine pj.

where will you be sitting? how high will the screen be mounted and will you mount the pj shelf or ceiling?

the room environment will also matter.

No that's brand new. With 2 years warranty. I plan to mount the pj to the ceiling and I will be sitting as far behind  as possible leaving just enough room for the recliner to recline. Not sure about screen height 

Edited by Xxharry

i can tell you how to spend your money :-)

but my opinion is the 2 year warranty they offer is not going to work here.. sending a faulty unit to germany? really?

i feel your best bet is to keep an eye on https://www.epson.com.au/shoponline/seconds.asp

they generally come up around the $1700 mark.. yes they have a limited warranty but they are returned to full manufactures specs.. so imo and from past readings the pj gets the aust consumer guarantee. this over rides any makers limited warranty. i know epson have fixed these units past the seconds warranty time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to update this thread, I waited 4 weeks and the ebay seller STILL hadn't posted the projector. I started an ebay/paypal claim and received a full refund from the seller the very next day. Beware.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, I finally got the epson tw6700. How do I figure out what’s the right size of screen that I need to buy. The room is 3.5m x 4.4 m and screen will be on the 4.4m wall. I plan to mount the screen on the ceiling and not sure about the screen height yet. Also would the quality suffer if projected on the wall vs a screen? Thanks 

Edited by Xxharry