Mede8er

Hi all currently have the Dune 3D HD base, but thinking of going to the Mede8er, would appreciate any feedback from owners....

Love mine, has been working flawlessly. One issues that annoys me a little, is hard coded subtitles, it always misses the first line in the movie. Almost as if it needs the first one to trigger it. I spent ages trying to find a work around, but gave up, and just deal with it now. The other issue is the current firmware is and will be the last. No further updates as they are no longer supported. I'd thought they didn't even make them anymore, but if you can find one, I'd recommend it.

I used a Mede8er for a while then moved to Kodi on an i3 NUC. Very happy with Kodi/NUC (a LibreELEC build which is Linux). My remote is now my iPhone or iPad.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive have my Mede8er and then had a spare HTPC which i had lying around. I chucked Kodi on it...but seriously didnt like it that much. Too much of a stuff around to get it all working. Honestly just wanted something to plug and go....I have my Mede8er for 2 years now and I have never had a file it does not play :). So easy to get the cover art sorted on it too. I had problems with Kodi getting low res cover art when it did the scraping.

On 02/08/2017 at 0:27 PM, buddhamus said:

Ive have my Mede8er and then had a spare HTPC which i had lying around. I chucked Kodi on it...but seriously didnt like it that much. Too much of a stuff around to get it all working. Honestly just wanted something to plug and go....I have my Mede8er for 2 years now and I have never had a file it does not play :). So easy to get the cover art sorted on it too. I had problems with Kodi getting low res cover art when it did the scraping.

Which mere8er model do you have? My dune is playing up so might replace it.

cheers!

Which mere8er model do you have? My dune is playing up so might replace it.
cheers!
Hey Oz, it's the Mede8er 1000x3d. It does have a backlit remote :)... You just press the button on the side of the remote for it to illuminate. Best media player I have used so far and the most stable.... One they bring out a model which supports 4k and HDR and supports the new HEVC 265 codecs... I'll upgrade right away.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Dont suppose it has a backlit remote? something missing in the dune range which is annoying

Agree the mede8ers are stable with good support Rich ; since dune decided to make their latest hevc capable player hdmi 1.4 only maybe have a look at the zappiti  range - hdmi2.0a with HDR and a backlit rmc:)http://zappiti.com/zappiti-duo-4k-hdr.html

a review'' https://www.avforums.com/review/zappiti-duo-4k-hdr-mini-android-media-streaming-player-review.13514

8 hours ago, cwt said:

Agree the mede8ers are stable with good support Rich ; since dune decided to make their latest hevc capable player hdmi 1.4 only maybe have a look at the zappiti  range - hdmi2.0a with HDR and a backlit rmc:)http://zappiti.com/zappiti-duo-4k-hdr.html

a review'' https://www.avforums.com/review/zappiti-duo-4k-hdr-mini-android-media-streaming-player-review.13514

Thanks cwt. Zappiti looks the goods. Turns out one of my distributors here in Qld is the oz disty so will def grab one and run a special on them too I think.

The 'ONE 4K' is 299 Euros which is about $485 with our less than ordinary banking or paypal exchange rates (around .62) and the DUO4K at 399 Euros works out to $640 or thereabouts.

The RRP has been set here for the ONE4K at $550 which is a bit more than the exchange rate but local warranty. The DUO at $650 RRP which appears to be right on the money.

Seems to tick all the boxes. A shame dune didn't come to the table with the right specs in place.

Thanks cwt. Zappiti looks the goods. Turns out one of my distributors here in Qld is the oz disty so will def grab one and run a special on them too I think.
The 'ONE 4K' is 299 Euros which is about $485 with our less than ordinary banking or paypal exchange rates (around .62) and the DUO4K at 399 Euros works out to $640 or thereabouts.
The RRP has been set here for the ONE4K at $550 which is a bit more than the exchange rate but local warranty. The DUO at $650 RRP which appears to be right on the money.
Seems to tick all the boxes. A shame dune didn't come to the table with the right specs in place.
A cheaper alternative to the Zappiti are the Zidoo X8, X9S, X10 boxes (higher end X20 coming too). Same chipset and very similar features, but rely on customised version of Kodi or their own theaterview for 10ft interface.

Personally I had already bought the Dune Solo 4k, which I'm quite happy with, but otherwise would probably have gone with one of the Zidoo boxes.

16 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Put me down for a mini or One Rich if you do :)

A cheaper alternative to the Zappiti are the Zidoo X8, X9S, X10 boxes (higher end X20 coming too). Same chipset and very similar features, but rely on customised version of Kodi or their own theaterview for 10ft interface.

Looked at the zidoo and Hi media hdmi2.0 options Alex and decided I didn't need the complexities of android and local options for playback ; and something simple [bit like me] for 3d iso over the network without plug ins etc ^_^

This zappiti looks stable and others have a reputation for firmware upgrades and beta testing before stability comes ..

Looked at the zidoo and Hi media hdmi2.0 options Alex and decided I didn't need the complexities of android and local options for playback ; and something simple [bit like me] for 3d iso over the network without plug ins etc [emoji5]
This zappiti looks stable and others have a reputation for firmware upgrades and beta testing before stability comes ..
Yeah. That's why I went with the Dune Solo 4k. Very happy with its playback capabilities and love the full menu support for concert blurays. I had the Mede8er, which was great for playback but always found scrolling through all the movies tool slow bright used to a htpc.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, HomerJ1503560906 said:

It's identical (audio and video)

But there is a difference between BD players and the picture quality they put out right? Otherwise why would people buy an oppo vs something for 40 bucks at aldi?

I know I see less grain when watching a rip via a media player like my dune vs my oppo bd83 which is getting on a bit now. Just some scenes I'm familiar with I've noticed that difference.