Speakers advice required

2 minutes ago, Xxharry said:

Do they have to be same brand or can you mix and match?

In theory, matched speakers are ideal and the easiest way to match speakers is to use the same brand and model.  Not sure you are going to listen to multi-channel music, but this is where the gold standard is fully identical speakers! (I know of at least 1 person here who has the top of the range B&W speakers for all channels!),  However, most of us take a more practical approach. I have matched mains & centre (which carries the dialogue), but different surrounds and again different subs.  But others have used a different centre to the mains.

The short answer is yes, you can mix and match, within reason of course.  Can't expect to get a K-Mart special and expect it to sound good  :ermm: with speakers costing a lot more. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Steffanth I agree, others should check out Adelaide Speakers, I've been making loudspeaker enclosures since 1991. I'm an OEM, and have build brands that you may know, Duntech, Orpheus, Vaf, Sonique,Vintage sound and other minor brands I actually manufacture Adelaide Speakers enclosures and I can tell you that the same amount of care and quality of products go into these enclosures as the brands mentioned above. Edward (owner) is easy to deal with and his follow up service is second to none. The value for money they represent is incredible. Check them out 

Guys I am getting these Jamo speakers  for $450

2 x tall speakers E680

2 x wall speakers E640

1 x centre speaker E 6CEN.5

1 x subwoofer 210

can someone please advise if they are good speakers. Of course I will listen to them before picking up.

1 hour ago, Xxharry said:

Guys I am getting these Jamo speakers  for $450

2 x tall speakers E680

2 x wall speakers E640

1 x centre speaker E 6CEN.5

1 x subwoofer 210

can someone please advise if they are good speakers. Of course I will listen to them before picking up.

Sorry, do not know these, but Jamo speakers are good value.  If anything, your sub is probably underpowered for your room. 

15 minutes ago, Xxharry said:

hey guys hope someone has heard about these and can give advice.

the sub woofer is S250

And the mains are s606, and s60CEN

someone selling for $500. Thanks 

Found this review. The S606 comes across ok, S250 not so good. However on Amazon, it seems ok.  Certainly better than the S210 earlier.  If you can, have a listen and if it sounds ok, get it.

Edited by Snoopy8
Added listen advice

On 18/07/2017 at 6:43 PM, Hope said:

Yes Steffanth I agree, others should check out Adelaide Speakers, I've been making loudspeaker enclosures since 1991. I'm an OEM, and have build brands that you may know, Duntech, Orpheus, Vaf, Sonique,Vintage sound and other minor brands I actually manufacture Adelaide Speakers enclosures and I can tell you that the same amount of care and quality of products go into these enclosures as the brands mentioned above. Edward (owner) is easy to deal with and his follow up service is second to none. The value for money they represent is incredible. Check them out 

You do nice work Andrew and I agree Edward is super helpful, especially when adding more speakers to the set up, sound matching is important.

Cheers

Gary