Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Trinnov Amethyst Review

5 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Mr C given your wrapped in the effectiveness of this Trinnov device ...

As Kramer would say ....    Oh you better believe it !

Yes I guess you'd say that and understand why too, I'm thinking here to learn more about the Trinnov than your room in that question Mr.C.

3 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Yes I guess you'd say that and understand why too, I'm thinking here to learn more about the Trinnov than your room in that question Mr.C.

When one looks at all of the controls under the bonnet of the Trinnov, it really is mind-boggling.  I have learned enough to know about what it does, how you can tweak various aspects, and what not to fiddle with.  Then it is just all about kicking back and enjoying!

I've lived with an Amethyst for a couple of months now and it's an extremely powerful system with endless tweaking ability.

I managed to tame the JBL K2 beasts very nicely with this.

The in-built DAC is also more impressive than I was expecting. 

Alas, I've heard and seen enough that an Altitude16 is now firmly on my wishlist and I may have to move the Amethyst on to fund that one. 

On 18/04/2019 at 11:05 AM, Marc said:

I've lived with an Amethyst for a couple of months now and it's an extremely powerful system with endless tweaking ability.

I managed to tame the JBL K2 beasts very nicely with this.

The in-built DAC is also more impressive than I was expecting. 

Alas, I've heard and seen enough that an Altitude16 is now firmly on my wishlist and I may have to move the Amethyst on to fund that one. 

I can only agree with you Marc.  Some time ago, when I wrote a glowing account of my Amethyst (and still have it going magnificently) I got the impression that others thought I was a bit over the top in my praise of this system.  I am glad that we have another who can atest to its value.

I have thought about an Altitude16 but the price tag has deterred me .... if my financial circumstances change I would get one in a heart-beat.  Good luck !!