Is 65" Tv too small

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

interesting about the wide colour gamut. Is it only the 8500 and above for the sony's that support it?

or 8 series and above in Samsung, its more for HDR source but still gives HD a bit of nice tweak

10 bit

8 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Ok thanks. The 7500 does that have WCG?

it has a 10 bit panel, but no, doesnt support WCG

its more a midrange TV than an entry level

this site is pretty handy as a cheat sheet, but all that is subject to you trying it

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x750d

i think you found your tele, mate LOL

Edited by mello yello

you heard right LoL

unless anyone has experienced a bad thing themselves, though,  its not worth listening to stories passed on by people who havent even owned one

that particular LG doesnt inspire as much confidence as the SONY though, but you never know, it could be good, you need to check the picture out yourself

i have heard of people who love their ALDI TV, and also lots of people who dont ... its a lottery sometimes

personally at that price, i would check out, and go for the SONY

Edited by mello yello

Keep an eye out for when JB's do there 1/2 price sales on TV's too. even ask them when they plan to do it next, 'cos I brought that same TV for $4500 about 6 months ago and look at it from 2.8M away and love it. Also on its remote is a football key to enhance even more the blurr (in a good way) that MY speaks off. Speaking of Foxtel on this one you'll be wanting to use HD all the time unless you like soft focus appearances so set up favourites on remote to be just HD channels that's the easiest way to go especially for FTA stations. Also as this TV is an Android you get loads of apps and the usual offering of other streaming apps as well like Netflix, Stan, Etc. SD is to be avoided if possible with this size screen and distance its just too obvious OK?

3 hours ago, mello yello said:

i think Sony is better for motion, i think that one you mentioned is worth a detailed look with a USB stick and a soccer game

now they wont be perfect, but you shouldnt see any blur as the goalie kicks the ball out, and you need to take it out of demo mode, and turn all the motion plus crap off

kudos here Mello :D

A Samsung owner stating that Sony does motion better.     Samsung are still good, but agree with Mello.  Sony does motion better than any other TV brand.