Sign in to follow this  
McDigital

9Now extra streams?

G'day,

I've seen press releases in the past couple of days stating that the Womens Cricket World cup is on Fox Sports, but Australian matches are streamed on 9Now

Now, as far as I can see, 9Now is the name of the streaming platform that consists of simulcasting Nine, 9Go, 9Gem and 9Life online, which none of these are taking coverage of, so this leads me to think that there's an extra stream which nobody knows about that was possibly used for the One Love Manchester concert earlier this month as well (for live broadcast at 4am in that case)

Can anyone confirm this, and what exactly is this extra m3u8 link (I'm presuming) ?

I've noted the first game on this "9Now" link is on Monday (tomorrow) night

G'day,

I know there are smart people on this forum, so I'm surprised there's still no answer to this one

To assist, here's the page on the 9Now website: https://www.9now.com.au/live/event-cj4dl7ce200050gl51kk1sa14 - Stream goes live at 7:20pm (but they must be putting a static card on or something before that time)

Clearly, there's another stream up and running for special events. I'm not interested in watching it via their website or app etc, I'm wanting to put the link into an external player.

G'day muiredachau,

From what I've seen, m3u8 links work on most devices like VLC, Roku and even on my mobile phones internal media player. I currently stream links from many broadcasters this way, but wasn't aware Nine had an extra stream up and running for live special events that aren't being shown on an existing channel

G'day muiredachau,

I'm using a computer and a phone, no tablets here

G'day muiredchau,

Where is this leading? It's not a browser I'm looking to use it in, it's programs like VLC player, which I know can play Seven, Nine, Ten, SBS streams etc.

The OS of the phone probably isn't relevant either, but it is an Android and has been playing m3u8 streams on it's built in player.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're getting at here?

according to the 9Now website u either get their android app or the Freeview app or use the latest web browser

9 Has decided to go down the advertising path with their streams and collect as much information possible from people viewing their streams.

Hence it's not like the others and will fail at many hurdles.

If you use their App, I would check the permissions required.

1 minute ago, Wabby said:

9 Has decided to go down the advertising path with their streams and collect as much information possible from people viewing their streams.

Hence it's not like the others and will fail at many hurdles.

If you use their App, I would check the permissions required.

I agree ... the little use I had over the weekend left me underwhelmed compared to the others ... lots of buffering, whereas the others are perfectly fine.

G'day All,

For those who aren't aware, you don't need to use 9now's website or app to access their streams. There is a list located here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-1NFj-xO1s6zeiZVCwfrChnu8ANjcfAVMLOU2JmZMY/edit#gid=0

Clearly, this list doesn't have the extra stream I'm chasing, but maybe the authors of this link can assist if they're on here?