Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Hey Foxtail, what screen do you have?

As if half the planet doesn't know!

Are you keeping Whirlpool up to date? You seem to mirror every post here on there, under a different name.

We get the msg ok!

steady on mate. No need for that :)

SOme of us like reading how someones goes over a period of time with a new product, ie the gloss may come off. Clearly not in Foxy's case though :P

He's just enjoying his purchase :D

...so what's next on the list Foxy. You've had this for two weeks now...maybe time to upgrade! ;)

Nah not just yet but will check out the 85" Panny in Hong Kong April, it's apparently in a shop window in Mongkok.

Are you keeping Whirlpool up to date? You seem to mirror every post here on there, under a different name.

We get the msg ok!

Keep up the great work Foxy.

I don't know why you are so bothered by someone who is pleased with his acquisition. :P :P

Edited by CC Rider

We get the msg ok!

Sounds like someones watching the games on a 48cm analoge tv :o

I don't know if anyone here caught "The White Room" this week on CH7 IIRC. They had a bunch of commercial looking panels floating behind the guests and behind the hosts it looked like a 85" screen...it looked too big for a 65". Did anyone see it and can confirm what size it was?

I don't know if anyone here caught "The White Room" this week on CH7 IIRC. They had a bunch of commercial looking panels floating behind the guests and behind the hosts it looked like a 85" screen...it looked too big for a 65". Did anyone see it and can confirm what size it was?

I didn't see the show but you're probably right. Aren't 85" commercial panels already available?

I love this comparison photo here:

http://www.tvsnob.com/pictures/panasonic_85_inch_plasma.jpg

It really hits home about how big an 85" truly is. It didn't seem too long ago when 42" was considered a fairly decent size, now it's bordering on miniscule. :lol:

When will it end?

It really hits home about how big an 85" truly is. It didn't seem too long ago when 42" was considered a fairly decent size, now it's bordering on miniscule. :lol:

When will it end?

A strong cabinet will be needed to hold it, a wall mount I dunno!:):D

It will end in size next few years, the technology will just improve.

Edited by EZYHD

Foxtail, it's geat to hear your watching the Winter games.

But do you have to post and re post what your watching?

I bought an Hitachi Plasma 42" for $10,300 when DTV was first launched in Sydney, and the only problem it has now is that when i have to power it off to watch my 100" 1080i Sony PJ, it takes a while to power back up :(

I have been there and spent the BIG money - twice as much as you have, to 'Be in the in crowd'.

God help us if you buy the 85" Pana! But i doubt it.

$5000+ is serious money in most peoples game - especially for 99% of the Aus population nowadays. So congrats on your 65".

But please stop posting about what you are watching, it's so immature...

Obba

Ok you win, I wont share my few delights at what I'm watching no matter how good it, I will not allow myself the luxury of telling others the joy I'm getting from various TV programs on this 65" Panny!!, now if there is anything else your not happy about let me know :lol::P:D

Keep 'em coming Foxy. It's always good to see someone enjoy their new toy!

It is.

Gee immature after all these years (not), a bit of light hearted enjoyment of TV progs. with my new toy must be too much for dear obba, ah well.

Had Austar Mystar HD box installed last Thursday, while the EPG is messy, it has all ch inc FTA.

Still keeping my Beyonwiz S1 STB though as I like the FTA ICETV EPG much better (and my sub has about 2years left).

Today programmed my Harmony 785 to run TV, Panny BR player, BW STB and Austar STB, had a few of these Logi remotes, so other than a couple button tweaks had it up and running in one go.

Obba

Ok you win, I wont share my few delights at what I'm watching no matter how good it, I will not allow myself the luxury of telling others the joy I'm getting from various TV programs on this 65" Panny!!, now if there is anything else your not happy about let me know :lol::P:D

I'm not happy with the fact that you have a 65" V10 plasma and I don't. :P

Edited by Struggo

You will have to ship a lot of cables to buy that - or maybe increase the prices (I've already bought mine :) !

Nah only lookin, can't see myself getting a bigger TV for a few years, but I have said tat before, mmm :D