Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Could anyone tell me how much they paid for their panny. I am going to buy one in around April. Did you all get the best price from Myer?

David Jones Perth , 20% sale cost $5359, [ & a 20% deposit] with the proviso that if they can't supply by April I have the option of down sizing to the 58 v10 for the same sale price reduction [$3679].

Myer wouldn't even take the order nor would Hardly Normal I quote" they won't arrive in time for customer satisfaction, we have been giving customers back their money"..

I did not haggle they said it was already on sale but they mentioned an xtended warranty would be given at a discount [we will see ]

It actually looks like a 'normal' size. :D

Lyle nothing normal in this household...oh you mean telly size, I can definitely see a difference between the 50 and 65!.

Update:

My Pio 50" was the XDA model not full HD, watched Dark Night BR disk via my Panny player, bloody sensational, Planet Earth Ditto so a massive improvement to my old eyes. HD TV looks bloody fantastic too.

Blacks look fine to me and colour is extremely good, picture is sharp as a tack, yep I'm sold.

Now have Panny 65", Beyonwiz STB, Panny BR player, Austar and Onkyo Receiver once again running perfectly via my Harmony 785 remote.

I'm hav'n a night off gotta go watch that TV!

Now have Panny 65", Beyonwiz STB, Panny BR player, Austar and Onkyo Receiver once again running perfectly via my Harmony 785 remote.

so, is that 4 HDMI cables, and an optical cable? Or, is the Austar component/co-ax?

Get your blu-ray movie list sorted foxtail, and don't watch all of the 'must see's' straight away.

Enjoy

Benje

Pana v10 58" owner (and a happy 4 HDMI cable purchaser!)

spent last week in the Gold Coast with family & Myer Pacific Fair has 1 on display next to the 58" &

"Life ain't fair" for the 58" sitting next to 65" considering 58" is not small at all

so, is that 4 HDMI cables, and an optical cable? Or, is the Austar component/co-ax?

Get your blu-ray movie list sorted foxtail, and don't watch all of the 'must see's' straight away.

Enjoy

Benje

Pana v10 58" owner (and a happy 4 HDMI cable purchaser!)

Austar component/co-ax

then BW/Panny BR HDMI.

redirected the component/optical in the Onkyo to HDMI, so just one HDMi out of receiver to TV.

I have about 30 BR disks and about 200 DVD's mostly music DVD's Eagles, Fogarty, Elton, Dire Straits etc. etc, plenty to watch over again now.

It does look more like a 50" on the wall than a 65" Foxy.

Either the box was half full of padding :ninja: , or the size of your entertainment unit makes the 65" look small...

Looks great on the wall though!

Austar component/co-ax

then BW/Panny BR HDMI.

redirected the component/optical in the Onkyo to HDMI, so just one HDMi out of receiver to TV.

I assumed you would use the optical out of the Panny TV to provide digital audio to the Onkyo. You might not use the FTA in Cairns.

Benje

Looks good foxy.something to keep in mind tho over time the drain hole in split systems clogs up and the water cant escape and fills the tray then it comes out the front vent,i've hd it happen twice in a few years luckily i didnt have panel on wall but it soakes all my leads and powerboard before i realised what was happening.

Looks good foxy.something to keep in mind tho over time the drain hole in split systems clogs up and the water cant escape and fills the tray then it comes out the front vent,i've hd it happen twice in a few years luckily i didnt have panel on wall but it soakes all my leads and powerboard before i realised what was happening.

That was exactly my thoughts looking at the picture.

I find blowing through the drain pipes with a party balloon pump at the start of each season I'll be using the aircon to blow the dust/cobwebs out of the pipe stopped that happening every year or so. A compressor or any other pump that allows a lot of air to be pushed through the drain pipe would be similarly good. THe tapered end on the balloon pump makes it easy to get a seal on the end of the pipe.

No need when you watch/record all FTA via the Beyonwiz PVR

Hah, I follow. It is only late in life that we have progressed to a HD PVR (Toppy 2400) from an SD player (Pana 75). All our system assumes FTA comes from the TV and is wired to enable it, remote programmed. I understand now.

funny how the timing of purchases affects the mindset for these things.

Benje

We only use the aircon here for cooling about 12weeks a year. We have an aircon guy service the 16 (owner occupied) apartments once a year I'll ask him next time.

Sat back and watched the 65" last night friggin awesome TV, Tennis really crystal clear, Austar good no probs there, but hell the Blu-ray Dark Night was mind blowing, will watch Matrix and a few others over this weekend. Walked out dis mornin into lounge, there it was in all its glory, gee it looks enormous up on the wall, wife said the same.

Sat back and watched the 65" last night friggin awesome TV, Tennis really crystal clear, Austar good no probs there, but hell the Blu-ray Dark Night was mind blowing, will watch Matrix and a few others over this weekend. Walked out dis mornin into lounge, there it was in all its glory, gee it looks enormous up on the wall, wife said the same.

This says a lot for the set considering you have come from a pj set up.

This says a lot for the set considering you have come from a pj set up.

Its just so vibrant, not overdone and so, so sharp compared to the Epson HD PJ which in my mind was flat to my old eyes.

It's great now just one display, no more switching between the TV and PJ and waiting for the motorised PJ screen to unfurl.

Its just so vibrant, not overdone and so, so sharp compared to the Epson HD PJ which in my mind was flat to my old eyes.

It's great now just one display, no more switching between the TV and PJ and waiting for the motorised PJ screen to unfurl.

Good to hear.

I was never a fan of LCD projectors or TV's having owned the former.

My Sony LCOS projector was such a huge step up it blew me away. However Plasma is still King and love the v10's Pana's image (Owen's computer must be buzzing him) :lol:

Edited by CC Rider

It does look more like a 50" on the wall than a 65" Foxy.

Either the box was half full of padding :ninja: , or the size of your entertainment unit makes the 65" look small...

Looks great on the wall though!

That's what I meant.

It's funny the size different displays look in different rooms.

When the unpacked and set up my daughters Pio, I thought, "the buggers have sent us the wrong t.v., it's a 42 not a 50". So I got out the tape measure and it was a 50.

Same with the 65 on that wall. It's look is deceiving!

Can't wait to show the 65" Panny to you lyle when you visit!
Cairns seems a long way away these days but maybe when we get the house built and maybe if and when we get a van (and join the grey nomads), we might get back up that way.

Had a few glorious nights at Silky Oaks a few years ago and did some river fishing.

Fond memories.

But France and Italy are probably going to get in the way first.

Sigh, so many things to do, so little time (and money). :D:lol: