Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

When I was looking for one, soved this invoice copy under the snout of a real nice sales guy at Myer, got the same price. Not sure if it can be got now as they are all sold, was told so is next shipment.

Panny 65" Price

When I was looking for one, soved this invoice copy under the snout of a real nice sales guy at Myer, got the same price. Not sure if it can be got now as they are all sold, was told so is next shipment.

Panny 65" Price

hehe that receipt looks familiar ;)

I've been told I wont see mine till 19th Feb!!

I called them again today to get them to confirm I can still receive my free DVD recorder! They told me they'd call Panasonic to confirm and find out if they can get it sooner. Apparently Panasonic are onloy allowing 1 per month to Myer!? WTF is with that!??

I'd be watching this play out with Panasonic Australia with grweat interest as the ACCC is currently taking them to court over their first Wii redemption offer for similar concerns whereby customers bought goods as part of a redemption offer, but because Panasonic did not have stock, customers missed out on Wiis.

If this plays out right, this means redemption offers may still be valid if you bought an eligible product during the promotion period, regardless of when you actually recieved stock, as long as you register. If this happens, I can see Panasonic and other manufacturers clearly stating "no rainchecks"

redemption offers may still be valid if you bought an eligible product during the promotion period, regardless of when you actually recieved stock, as long as you register

It says in the Wii promotion's terms and conditions that if you purchased the product and it's on back order you can still claim as long as you paid the full amount by 31st Jan, register online at least 21 days from when you have that receipt, and the claim forms have to reach them by last mail 15/03/2010

This is all a hassle as I have a deposit down and my TV is not going to be available till March but I am thinking of paying it in full by 31st Jan so I can lodge all the claims etc.

It says in the Wii promotion's terms and conditions that if you purchased the product and it's on back order you can still claim as long as you paid the full amount by 31st Jan, register online at least 21 days from when you have that receipt, and the claim forms have to reach them by last mail 15/03/2010

This is all a hassle as I have a deposit down and my TV is not going to be available till March but I am thinking of paying it in full by 31st Jan so I can lodge all the claims etc.

Mine IS payed in full but I need the Serial number to complete the form and post it off to reach them no later than the 28th Jan!

hehe that receipt looks familiar ;)

I've been told I wont see mine till 19th Feb!!

I called them again today to get them to confirm I can still receive my free DVD recorder! They told me they'd call Panasonic to confirm and find out if they can get it sooner. Apparently Panasonic are onloy allowing 1 per month to Myer!? WTF is with that!??

Might be 1 per month where you are?.

Myer did not call me today either on when.

Mine IS payed in full but I need the Serial number to complete the form and post it off to reach them no later than the 28th Jan!

Are you able to head back to the retailer and get them to re-write the invoice for a later date, say 30/31st Jan? Then you can just create a new claim form for extra time.

It's worth a shot since you haven't got the item yet.

Edited by themadcatter

UPDATE:

My wife just told me Myer called while I was out today, recon they will have my new 65" in 2 weeks time, well I'll believe it when I see it, but if true you guys will be 1st to know!

Are you able to head back to the retailer and get them to re-write the invoice for a later date, say 30/31st Jan? Then you can just create a new claim form for extra time.

It's worth a shot since you haven't got the item yet.

Nice thought but I would not be able to make the same claim. And it still needs to make the mail by 28th Jan.

UPDATE:

My wife just told me Myer called while I was out today, recon they will have my new 65" in 2 weeks time, well I'll believe it when I see it, but if true you guys will be 1st to know!

Awsome news mate, Fingers crossed! Hope I get a call like this VERY soon!

Edited by Faz

Just got a call back from Myer, Apparently they are extending the offer to the end of March! :)

i will have my Telly way before then...... Well I hope i do!

is that on the Wii?

Nice thought but I would not be able to make the same claim. And it still needs to make the mail by 28th Jan.

I'm one of the people waiting for a P65V10A, with the possibility of not receiving it by the 28/1 bonus deadline.

I have been informed that because my tv was paid in full and my claim was fully (apart from the bar code) submitted (meaning that my bonus gift has been reserved), that Panasonic will be honouring their HD Bonus for me regardless of when the TV finally turns up.

For anyone else in the same boat and worried about their HD Bonus, I would recommend that you contact the store you purchased from. You should receive the same confirmation.

Panny 65" Price

Hey, what's the deal if you want to return something this expensive to Myer or David Jones? What if you want to exchange it for another set of the same value - do they credit your original credit card then charge your card again, or just give you a receipt for the new unit?

Hey, what's the deal if you want to return something this expensive to Myer or David Jones? What if you want to exchange it for another set of the same value - do they credit your original credit card then charge your card again, or just give you a receipt for the new unit?

Ummmmmm.... Why not call them????

If you return this 65" monster book a big truck with full insurance!.

Recon re credit and do new complete deal.

I'm one of the people waiting for a P65V10A, with the possibility of not receiving it by the 28/1 bonus deadline.

I have been informed that because my tv was paid in full and my claim was fully (apart from the bar code) submitted (meaning that my bonus gift has been reserved), that Panasonic will be honouring their HD Bonus for me regardless of when the TV finally turns up.

For anyone else in the same boat and worried about their HD Bonus, I would recommend that you contact the store you purchased from. You should receive the same confirmation.

Yes I read somewhere that Panasonic got themselves in hot water over this practice with the wii promo last year and the fiasco with the late delivery of the 850.

It sees they have learn' t something from the public humiliation and have been forced by the legal system to accept bonus offer claims on presentation of a fully paid receipt rather than a serial number.

This means that those people who have paid for the 65v10 in full and probably receive the unit in April 2010 (this was the revised date qouted by Myer Adelaide Manager as the most likely delivery date as per the Pana rep) will be eligible for the promo of the Wii.

The other point and coming from a finance/accounting background Myer Adelaide are sitting pretty with substantial amounts of "interest free" cash from customers

in the vicinity iin excess of $1m (Adelaide Myer stores are asking for the full payment to place an order for you .Currently 23 on back order )

Went with my cousin to negotiate a price on the 65. Can forget getting it for sub $5000 even with Foxtail's receipt. as they are aware that demand for these exceeds supply and flatly refused to price match.

Edited by CC Rider

I ordered mine about 5 or 6 weeks ago, Myer guy called this week and told my wife ours should be into (Myer) store room mid Jan and delivered shortly after (hoping its true).

Seen elsewhere next shipment Jan sold out, following shipment is filling up for March/April arrival.

Reports say the Wii promo has now been extended to 31 March 2010.

fingers crossed.

If anyone has update to above please post here as I and others are getting edgy!

If you return this 65" monster book a big truck with full insurance!.

Recon re credit and do new complete deal.

If you got the Myer extended warranty all transport costs are covered for the full period of the extended warranty. One of the reasons Myer extended warranty is the price it is is they pay for all transport. Most extended warranties require you to return the item.

I ordered mine about 5 or 6 weeks ago, Myer guy called this week and told my wife ours should be into (Myer) store room mid Jan and delivered shortly after (hoping its true).

Don't wait for delivery. Get the serial number from the unit when its arrives at Myer and you are off and running. If they can't give you the serial by the required date then the deal is off.

Don't wait for delivery. Get the serial number from the unit when its arrives at Myer and you are off and running. If they can't give you the serial by the required date then the deal is off.

This is incorrect.

Please read my post above.

Edited by CC Rider