Channel Ten Trading Halt

It would probably be beneficial for TEN if they stopped trying to promote shows by means of a permanent water mark and made their water marks almost invisible.

Water marks are only beneficial to the network in the digital age for copyright reasons, unlike the analogue days, a water mark is no longer needed to inform people which channel they're watching, as such they can get away with a water mark that is virtually invisible.

I know these are a big reason I don't watch channel TEN or its other channels.

• Administrator

As much as I don't think watermarks play a significant part in their current situation, you oughta see watermarking on the US channels. Ours are very tame by comparison.

I suspect Ten running top heavy, lack of quality programming bringing in viewers, and more than anything - alternatives to TV advertising that are far more cost effective with a potentially larger audience (YouTube video for example).

I know for my upcoming HiFi Show - TV advertising was never even a consideration, however we're currently getting a video ad made now for YouTube videos.

They nearly collapsed in the late 1960's only 5 years after they first started Broadcasting and went into Receivership again in the early 1990's so should come out of this in one form or another.

The reduction in TV Licences will make it attractive for some Co. wanting a power base,possibly the WIN guy or Murdoch.