Would there be any interest in seeing some of your proposed rooms before they're actually built?

Hi Dylan,

I have had plans done to add a second story room for my hifi stereo system...have attached my plans, please let me know what other info you would like.

I have tall (6 foot) ribbon speakers, so am trying to get a visual for how best to position these as the stairwell will cut slightly into the room. A visual of how the cut-in might look would be good, oh - an my ribbon speakers should be positioned at least a metre from any rear wall. I have read that a darker shaded room is not a bad thing for listening to music, so something like you have posted previously (brown/grey?) would be interesting to see.

Sorry if this is all a  bit vague, but let me know what else you need. :thumb:

Cheers,

Mark

image.png.34264ff55432253464824a88813ec2b1.png

image.png.615e6ff278772517adb6b3e8165bf641.png

image.png.50b6dc2eff87d6bca2c0a43788d5c318.png

Edited by SETfan
Updated

On 22/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, SETfan said:

Hi Dylan,

I have had plans done to add a second story room for my hifi stereo system...have attached my plans, please let me know what other info you would like.

I have tall (6 foot) ribbon speakers, so am trying to get a visual for how best to position these as the stairwell will cut slightly into the room. A visual of how the cut-in might look would be good, oh - an my ribbon speakers should be positioned at least a metre from any rear wall. I have read that a darker shaded room is not a bad thing for listening to music, so something like you have posted previously (brown/grey?) would be interesting to see.

Sorry if this is all a  bit vague, but let me know what else you need. :thumb:

Cheers,

Mark

image.png.34264ff55432253464824a88813ec2b1.png

image.png.615e6ff278772517adb6b3e8165bf641.png

image.png.50b6dc2eff87d6bca2c0a43788d5c318.png

Sorry SetFan, I've stopped taking on requests for now. The projects I've got going are going to take my through until the end of the year at best. I will try and get to it though.

Edited by Dylan86.exe

• 5 weeks later...

Okay we are in, unfortunately my screen is lost in transit.  Here are a couple of photos projecting onto the wall. Projector Epson 9300. Recliners Row One. 

Would anyone know of a projector calibrator in the Ballarat area?

20171122_101806.jpg

20171122_101840.jpg

11 minutes ago, coola32 said:

Okay we are in, unfortunately my screen is lost in transit.  Here are a couple of photos projecting onto the wall. Projector Epson 9300. Recliners Row One. 

Would anyone know of a projector calibrator in the Ballarat area?

20171122_101806.jpg

20171122_101840.jpg

Hey coola,

Nice. Can I ask what chairs are they? Also if you join all 3 together how wide is it? My room is narrow so hard to fit a 3 seater.And how high off the ground is the picture at the moment? Will you keep it at that height?

Hi, the Recliners are Row One Prestige. They are an American company, very new to Australia in that I got the second shipment. When ganged together they are 2520mm wide. The reason they are not together is I still have to do 2 more ceiling speakers.

The screen height I'm comfortable with it as it will have to be very similar when screen finally arrives. The height from floor is 1100mm.

So just google Row One. 

Cheers

DK.

23 minutes ago, coola32 said:

Hi, the Recliners are Row One Prestige. They are an American company, very new to Australia in that I got the second shipment. When ganged together they are 2520mm wide. The reason they are not together is I still have to do 2 more ceiling speakers.

The screen height I'm comfortable with it as it will have to be very similar when screen finally arrives. The height from floor is 1100mm.

So just google Row One. 

Cheers

DK.

Thanks. Might be a tad too wide Maybe looking around 2.1m - 2.3m range width wise to give me ample access to exit the HT room.

Can I ask how much did they cost?

How high are your ceilings? Hmm 1100mm is too high for me from the floor. I find that if its that high I am looking up?

23 minutes ago, coola32 said:

wow cool, drawings are my build at the moment before getting much further including structural and footing designs. Planning Permit gained :thumb:

The Building is based around the use of 7 S/H, hi top eco shipping containers.

Over the next couple of years have 2 rooms to build (with a house)

One is a combined kitchen/lounge open area of 12m x 5m x 2.85m high

The other a dedicated 7.5 x 5m x 2.85m high

Both are planned to involve professional acoustic assessment and treatment from the start

JBL 5742 screen array in the big room

Multiple systems for the other including Martin Logan CLS full range Electrostatics, 3 way and Red Spade Audio PSE144, 4 way

IMG_5584.JPG.98cd75129a232f95fc2d65fb04b7be49.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

4732_front_r.jpg

matt's system, very old speakers.JPG

Edited by Guest

As Dylan said Big Picture People have them and this was where I first saw them. They retail for over 5k for the 3 it will come down to your negotiating skills. I love to barter, so this isn't a problem for me.

Type in lifestyle store Row One and you will get a price list. 

Due to the cornice I'm left with a ceiling height of 2615mm. We are all different but I find the 1100mm comfortable. My speakers are 1124mm high. 

Cheers

DK.

3 minutes ago, coola32 said:

As Dylan said Big Picture People have them and this was where I first saw them. They retail for over 5k for the 3 it will come down to your negotiating skills. I love to barter, so this isn't a problem for me.

Type in lifestyle store Row One and you will get a price list. 

Due to the cornice I'm left with a ceiling height of 2615mm. We are all different but I find the 1100mm comfortable. My speakers are 1124mm high. 

Cheers

DK.

Thanks. Yeah if its anywhere near 5k it's out of my budget :(

Maybe half that lol. I guess you recline your seats when watching so the angle would be better for a higher screen.

Sorry can't see you getting leather recliners for 2.5k unless you go second hand. Maybe an auction house? Recline exactly right, lay back, relax and enjoy the show. 

These chairs come with USB ports, tray holders and cup holders that refrigerate. They are great chairs to the point I asked what they were and then how I was going to convince the wife I needed them. Anyway saying yes to a new car for her got me the recliners. 

10 minutes ago, coola32 said:

Sorry can't see you getting leather recliners for 2.5k unless you go second hand. Maybe an auction house? Recline exactly right, lay back, relax and enjoy the show. 

These chairs come with USB ports, tray holders and cup holders that refrigerate. They are great chairs to the point I asked what they were and then how I was going to convince the wife I needed them. Anyway saying yes to a new car for her got me the recliners. 

lol. It will be difficult to convince my wife. I looked at the configs for the prestige series the C103P would be ideal width wise, just the center seat is narrower and no cup holder I think.

Well finally have my screen on the wall. Difference is very noticable. Still need to make some minor adjustments and I'm struggling with that at the moment. Can't get the bottom of the screen to fit perfectly.

Anyway Would like to thank a couple of people, Dylan for doing the renders which were a great help. Rich for putting up with me changing my mind a million times on the screen size etc. Think the 125" is perfect, it gives my speakers some room to breathe.

Cheers

DK.

20171127_162219.jpg

Well finally have my screen on the wall. Difference is very noticable. Still need to make some minor adjustments and I'm struggling with that at the moment. Can't get the bottom of the screen to fit perfectly.

Anyway Would like to thank a couple of people, Dylan for doing the renders which were a great help. Rich for putting up with me changing my mind a million times on the screen size etc. Think the 125" is perfect, it gives my speakers some room to breathe.

Cheers

DK.
20171127_162219.thumb.jpg.3f73fd088ba0842b7c28af0b3e4113a5.jpg
Looks great buddy. Whats the deal with not getting it tonfit perfectly. What do you mean?

Either have a gap on the screen at the top or bottom. I've tried keystone and adjusting the peerless mount. Just can't get it quite right.  
Its because the frame isn't plumb. If you measure how far its out, take the screen off the wall, loosen the fixing brackets and adjust

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate. Sorry it's taken so long , I still havent had a reply from my software developer about some problems I was having (i'm about to blast them through an email) so I just decided to keep going instead of keeping anyone waiting. The quality is really terrible on this one unfortunately, (it's a little embarrassing) but I'm working with what I've got at the moment. I've got a few more coming over the next day or two. Stay tuned

k3nnis.jpg

• Like 1