Thought on this projector / speaker package? Any other suggestions

Hi guys,

My house is done in approximately 1 month.

I've been looking at a projector package for the media room which is 4.6m x 3.3m wide. (Sitting approximately 4m from the screen).

Here are the packages I have been recommended.

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/vivitek-h1186-projector-denon-avr-x1300w-av-receiver-mission-m3-speakers-and-elegance-screen-complete-home-theatre-package.html

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/benq-w1110-projector-denon-avr-x1300w-receiver-jamo-s428-speaker-system-and-elegance-screen-package.html

I was advised if I want to upgrade to the Jamo speakers from the 2nd link I can for $200 more and still get the Vivitek Projector which produces a better quality picture.

I was told there is a promotion running until the weekend where you get 2 x bonus roof 'atmos' speakers (I cant remember the brand) also.  

Can anyone recommend this package or advise if there is better deals out there?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Have you auditioned any of this equipment? While the AVR is the same, the speakers will sound different. While I prefer the Mission, others will like the Jamo. Very much a personal preference. Others who know more about projectors can advise you on which is better.

And what is your max budget?

Thanks!!!

To be honest around the 5k mark is pushing it though its something I will have a long time so I can justify it that way.

I did have a listen to the Jamos which sounded very nice. He did not have the Missions on display however advised the Jamos sounded nicer. He also had a set of Wharfedales on display too which sounded quite nice however they were another $800 or so extra.

No input of the equipment as that depends on your budget, your room characteristics and your individual preferences but just be conscious of screen sizes, speakers sizes and projector throw distances when selecting any of your equipment.

For example you are going to project on the 3300mm wall so if you go tower speakers then that means you probably need to allow 400mm each side of the screen therefore leaving you only able to use a fixed screen that is 2400-2500mm wide so based on that your looking at a max 110" screen but maybe even less depending on brand as boarder/frame width varies.

Completely understandable. 

I will be projecting onto the 4.6m wall sitting approximately 4m away.

They recommended a 110 inch screen giving us enough room for the speakers either side.

It seems a great deal including the roof speakers. I've tried putting together prices separately and the package comes in quite a bit cheaper. Just torn a little what I should do. 

It is good you have listened to Jamo.  If you can, suggest going back this weekend with your favorite movies and music and spend some time comparing both audio and video. For audio, try at low and high volumes and make sure it about the same loudness when comparing speakers.

Regarding pricing, you can typically get 10 to 20% off list pricing if you shop around.  Maybe more if you are prepared to hunt & wait.  Going to another dealer may help clarify pricing. But, it can also confuse because there will be more to choose from.

If you are comfortable with the person you are dealing with, then go for it...

23 hours ago, flow13 said:

I will be projecting onto the 4.6m wall sitting approximately 4m away.

Doesn't seem to align with your OP as it was stated as a 4.6 x 3.3 room so if you project onto the 4.6 wall you cannot possibly be 4.0m away (only if you sit in one corner and look at the diagonal corner).

Doesn't really matter now as your post over on WP gave other dimensions and using the 3.1 wall to project onto and it now looks like you have purchased the Vivitek package so all you need get ready for the install and enjoy the products you have selected :)