What type of bracket

Hi Guys,

Last year when TCC was having its final sale I picked up an electric screen. the bloke then told me I had to buy brackets to mount on my ceiling.

The screen had metal o-rings(is that what you call them?).

So the question is what sort of bracket do I use and can I get them from bunnings.

If anyone has a youtube video on how to do it or website that would be great too.

mixo

Doesn't really help. If I google that I don't get much specific.

Sounds like you want one of these though. I don't think they'll be available at Bunnings.

By the looks of it, if you want a ceiling install you'll need to be lucky to ensure your ceiling beams are running parallel and not perpendicular to your screen?

Actually my link was to a hidden in ceiling setup. Much more likely you want this arrangement (See Ceiling Mount Instructions)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

I have put timber running where the screen is going to be so I can screw say an eyelet(but I want it to be somewhat safe so not if thats enough) in the ceiling knowing it's not only supported by the plaster.

the picture you have is different to what i have. like below(but the 130" version)

Image result for tcc projector screen

Edited by mixo

I'll find out tonight, but I am pretty sure there are no mounting brackets in the box as the bloke said I had to buy them.

Hope to get it up on the weekend

mixo

38 minutes ago, mixo said:

mine is going to attach to the ceiling as the screen will fall in front of the tv. mixo

Understood, but the brackets might give some idea of how the connections to the unit would work. If your TV is only say 6" of so from the wall you could get some L wall brackets that should stick out far enough to let it drop down in front of the TV.

Regards

Peter Gillepie

How heavy is the screen?  And how many anchor points in mounting bracket of screen?  Divide weight by number of mounting points , then multiply by 3 to determine weight that each screw/bolt should carry.

If you are worried, multiply by 4 or 5. As long as the screws/bolts are anchored to the timber, you should be ok.  

If you are using brackets to extend reach beyond the timber, then be safe and use heavy duty ones.

Absolutely. Overkill really as you could just get the non boating stainless steel ones for about a third the price. You've got your timber in the ceiling so you can just screw them in as needed and hang up the screen. 

Those hooks would happily hold up a person. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie