BenQ X12000 LED 4K Projector Launch

Hi all,

Would anyone like to come to the product launch of the world's first LED 4K projector next Thursday afternoon / evening?

Come and see the most brilliant colour in 4K you will see this year at one of the best Home Cinema stores in Melbourne.

Alex and his crew at Big Picture People will be launching the BenQ X12000 and will also be demoing other items for anyone interested!

We are supplying food, drinks and the chance to win a very cool door prize from BenQ Australia!

**To win the door prize an RSVP is required**

Details are on the invitation.

Let me know if you would like to come along!

BenQ Aus Invitation 2017 - X12000 Launch - VIP and Friends.png

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chopsus said:

Krickey thats $1000-$2000 saved in lamps alone over a jack dila!

Spot on - if you prefer lamps still though the W11000 is $7999!

I think the colour using this new Philips HLD LED will blow some serious socks off though.

The reports from QLD were astonishing - I cannot wait to have a good play with this thing over the coming weeks!

6 hours ago, Matt_Walker said:

Al - c'mon - be in 2 places at once!  We will miss you and your camera!

hehe maybe I can be parachuted or sky dive of the plane while flying over :D  

On 09/03/2017 at 3:16 PM, Matt_Walker said:

Mark - 2200 ANSI - plenty for any room!!

I don't know.  

I recently calibrated the Epson 9300 rated at 2500 lumens and SDR looked really good.  It seemed the light output for HDR/WCG was compromised allow for the "highlights" of HDR. Overall the picture looked better than SDR, but way dimmer when changing user modes.  

15 minutes ago, CAVX said:

I don't know.  

I recently calibrated the Epson 9300 rated at 2500 lumens and SDR looked really good.  It seemed the light output for HDR/WCG was compromised allow for the "highlights" of HDR. Overall the picture looked better than SDR, but way dimmer when changing user modes.  

Hey Mark,

Spot on and therein lies the issue - it is impossible to reproduce HDR in a projector and the reason BenQ do not put it in.

Although a lot of our competitors claim HDR compatibility there is NO STANDARD for HDR in projection ... yet!

Later this year we will see the minimum standards that will be required to claim true HDR in a projector - until then it is just claims and marketing spruik!

This projector produces a calibrated DCI-P3 colour space and I would go as far as to suggest it is the best looking projector I have ever seen.  (and I have seen a few!) ... but I am biased!

Lets see what those who come along think!!

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by Matt_Walker

On 09/03/2017 at 3:16 PM, Matt_Walker said:

Hey Mark,

Spot on and therein lies the issue - it is impossible to reproduce HDR in a projector and the reason BenQ do not put it in.

Although a lot of our competitors claim HDR compatibility there is NO STANDARD for HDR in projection ... yet!

Later this year we will see the minimum standards that will be required to claim true HDR in a projector - until then it is just claims and marketing spruik!

This projector produces a calibrated DCI-P3 colour space and I would go as far as to suggest it is the best looking projector I have ever seen.  (and I have seen a few!) ... but I am biased!

Lets see what those who come along think!!

Cheers,

Matt

Well if the Optoma I got to play (and calibrate) with in my own room is anything to go by, then this should be amazing.  And that projector was only BT709 where this is claiming DCI/P3 or BT1886.  

It seems the HTPC guys in the States are now watching their UHD titles in WCG with HDR disabled.  I can't believe the SMPTE would approve such a thing without standards.  It makes no sense.  

6 hours ago, CAVX said:

~

It seems the HTPC guys in the States are now watching their UHD titles in WCG with HDR disabled.  I can't believe the SMPTE would approve such a thing without standards.  It makes no sense.  

some are...where they havent figured out how to get the best of HDR for projectors or running WAY too big a screen or with a projector without enough output to sustain HDR.

I've been running HDR and WCG since day 1 and to remove those two elements i would suggest is like taking a ferrari and then letting down its tyres and on top of that having it run on some low octane canola oil :D

in most cases the tide has turned with people figuring out how to run projectors to take full advantage of HDR and WCG. after all these two aspects are the two no 1 WOW factors for UHD, infact far outweighing the 4k aspect I would suggest. We have had some stunners of movies for this too. its almost the case of treat after treat we are served up. 

Al is right. JVC has done an amazing job with HDR profiles in their latest eshift models.

Watching the same UHD discs on a Sony ZD9 vs the X9500 shows how close the two are in portraying HDR using out of the box settings.

Owners of the old X?000 versions have been using custom gamma profiles to get similar results.

Thanks to Matt and the BPP team for an interesting demo.

The X1200 is a competitive product. Great colour (apparently meets P3 and goes most of the way to BT2020). Excellent sharpness. I didn't see any chromatic aberration. Motion handling was good. Black levels are more in line with Sony (would have liked to see if turning on the dynamic iris made much difference) and not threatening JVC. Upscaling of 1080 material was quite impressive.

Nice to see BenQ back with a competitive high end projector.

Yes ,big thanks Matt ,and the team at BPP Fountain Gate,impressive projector,and has been priced to enter the market very competitively ,did a great job of upscaling 1080p material,and looked superb on native 4k,agree with Quark tho ,not quite the black levels of the JVC X series,but not sure if the Iris was activated ?great effort from BenQ and sure to shake up the market a bit ,regards Muri