Sign in to follow this  
BelindaMaree

Antenna adaptor help ... please?

Your existing wall socket could just be loose, it could be replaced with a wall plate using an insert like this:

Wallplate.jpg

If you look closely at the socket, compared to the image you posted of what is presumably your socket, you can see a circlip around the outer edge of the socket, which helps to grip the plug more firmly.

A view of the wall inserts I use shows this more clearly:

F to PAL insert.jpg

Another method, which may be the one you are after, is to use a F wall plate, such as this:

F wallplate.jpg

Which then requires the following flylead:

Flylead F to PAL.jpg

Hope this helps. I am presuming if a change of wallplate is anticipated, the correct connector & or tool is to hand to reconnect the cable at the rear of the existing wall plate to the new one, if there is not already a F connector on the coaxial cable in the wall cavity.

Duck (he is a duck) gave some good options. 

I'm guessing you want a plug in solution and not have to unscrew the wall plate and perhaps attached wares from behind?

If that's the case there's no 100% solution as anything that uses the slide in connectors (like you have) could just slide out again with the cat. 

As duck says, it seems your plate connector is loose (but it might just be the cable end is a bit small and another cable (same type) might fit more securely.

If you want to replace the wall plate then its actually very easy to do. You'll find the antenna cable all trimmed correctly and a single screw should enable you to slide it out and slide it into a new plate with say "F connectors" (the screw type)

Have a watch of this video. The first minute details how to cut the antenna cable yourself (which you probably won't have to do.). Ignore the bit in the middle and At the 2:45 minute mark he shows you how to attach the cable to the back of the new plate.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Belinda you need a cable with PAL Male connectors on both ends, so that would be your "IS IT THIS" Photo.

Given that your TV Antenna is in good condition and the wallplate is not loose, you should have no issues.

I assume you are having trouble finding the correct cable to use for that wallplate ?

I might add by the way, very good graphic you've made there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dexx1503560195
      I have a TV in a room where an external antenna connection isnt possible. Can you recommend a cheap indoor antenna which works ok in a medium signal area? VHF primarily.
    • By SqEyez12
      Is it possible to have two WISI antennas at different locations on one's roof, connected, so that they act as a single array for TV reception?
      The reason I ask is that I am in a fringe area (country NSW) and a signal survey across my roof could find no one location where all 5 channel groups (2,3,5,6,8) are good, there is always one or more channels that fail.
      So i was thinking that if you had two locations were, say, 2,3 6 were good and a second location where 5 and 8 were good, if you could have a WISI antenna at each location and connect them in some way so they formed a single array (i.e. one antenna would not interfere with the other) then one should get good reception on all channels.
      An antenna tech who did the survey today said it is not possible, but I thought I would ask here anyway.
      TIA
    • By vanderblitz
      Hello,
      I'm looking for a reputable TV antenna installer for a new single story house, with colorbond roof in Williams Landing suburb (west of Melbourne)
      Any recommendations?

Thanks

• By acg
      I finally lashed out on a Sansui TU-X1 tuner. Gotta love something worth more now than when it was new over 35 years ago, but they have a great reputation and I do desperately want to be able to listen to live concerts when possible...sort of make it a date with my wife, put the kids to bed and retreat to the music room to listen to Mahler down at QPAC or the BBC proms at Royal Albert Hall.
      So I call a local antenna mob about installing something on the roof to point at the Bunya Mountains so my ancient, overpriced, oversized black box of Japanese beauty can help me enjoy quality time with my lovely wife that I no longer have to woo but want to anyway. But there is a spanner in my plan...the antenna guy has never done an FM installation and I don't really know enough about what I need to be sure someone like that gives me the right tool for the task.
      Who am I gonna call? Where do I find info on the antenna I need in my specific situation? What can I read? All help appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Anthony
    • By legselevens
      Hi All,

I'd apprecciate your help please. I'm in Melbourne's inner north and ABC tv reception is causing grief of late. In fact it seems to happen each winter if I recall rightly. I have the signal going to a Beyonwiz pvr and through to a digital tv. Both pvr and tv have frequent major dropouts, freezing, pixelation and distorted audio and video. The pvr is a bit worse than the tv.

I've checked cable termination which appears to be okay. Behind the tv and hifi gear it looks like a cable Bunga Bunga party so not sure this is affecting the signal. There appears to be no pattern to it other than it is mostly evenings onwards and in winter. Happens whether hifi is on or not etc.

I have a rabbit ears antenna in the shed which I'll try but any advice on how to fix this?

Cheers,

Legs11