Well I tested the system changing the Max Eq to 300 and then 500 and for me it removed the soundstage and became flat. I tested one movie scene and switched b/w the settings and didn't like what I was hearing. Snoopy8 did I have to change my mains to full range in order to test this setting?  

On 12/23/2017 at 7:33 AM, Marc said:

$3999 for an Anthem MRX 1120!!!!!

Wow, that's an awesome offer, but it's now expired.

Is this deal likely to come back every X'mas or end of financial year?

Is the streat price for the MRX1120 close to this?

Yeah I missed that as well. I was trying though but no go for me.

Is the Anthem MRX 1120 exactly the Anthem AVM 60 but with a power amp built in?

1 hour ago, Serpeant said:

Anthem does not do this often. If you look around and are prepared to bargain, you should get close to this. I heard that a demo one went even lower... :)

1 hour ago, Serpeant said:

I understand this is the case, have seen mentioned before,

"If the AVM 60 looks a lot like Anthem’s top A/V receiver—well, essentially, it is a de-amplified edition of the brand’s 11.2-channel MRX 1120 (reviewed last month), at a $500 savings and with all-channels balanced (XLR) preamp outputs where the speaker outputs would otherwise be"

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/anthem-avm-60-av-processor-review#K1rwLiQ8jemxjGYy.99

13 hours ago, franin said:

Would arc work with Windows 8.1 ?

ARC runs on Win 7 or later

4 hours ago, SimonNo10 said:

Well I tested the system changing the Max Eq to 300 and then 500 and for me it removed the soundstage and became flat. I tested one movie scene and switched b/w the settings and didn't like what I was hearing. Snoopy8 did I have to change my mains to full range in order to test this setting?  

Sorry, mentioned earlier but not in later posts.  Suggest having in profiles:

• Standard
  • Full L&R Max Eq 300 Hz
  • Full L&R Max Eq 500 Hz
  • Full L&R&C Max Eq 500 Hz  (changed this from earlier suggestion to include centre)
3 hours ago, Serpeant said:

@:-) thank you for helping out.  Will one day convert you from crappy Audyssey :na: Yes, trolling :lol: pls report me :P OH! you are a moderator? :)  Back to topic...

https://hometheaterreview.com/anthem-avm60-preampprocessor-reviewed/

AVM60 has balanced outs, separate headphone amp, better analogue to digital converters, a lot quieter internals.  Read unconfirmed speculation that it could do more equalisation, more PEQs underneath.

The AVM60 had to be superb because it is supposed to replace the acclaimed AVM50. When announced and looking like a MRX box, caused a fracas on AVSForum running over many pages.

7 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

@:-) thank you for helping out.  Will one day convert you from crappy Audyssey :na: Yes, trolling :lol: pls report me :P OH! you are a moderator? :)  Back to topic...

haha i am not wedded to anything. only ever owned one marantz unit :D dont use audyssey for my 2ch rig and seperate measurement and eq for that instead :) though am very happy with the marantz and audyssey pro and its a gift keeps giving (next update june) I never say ...never :P 

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

https://hometheaterreview.com/anthem-avm60-preampprocessor-reviewed/

AVM60 has balanced outs, separate headphone amp, better analogue to digital converters, a lot quieter internals.  Read unconfirmed speculation that it could do more equalisation, more PEQs underneath.

The AVM60 had to be superb because it is supposed to replace the acclaimed AVM50. When announced and looking like a MRX box, caused a fracas on AVSForum running over many pages.

Yes Snoopy ; the adc's are improved if you like analog input according to audioholics as well . I can imagine a quieter signal path too with the unbalanced circuitry being converted to balanced for the xlr's depending on implementation.

Anthem's pre-pros have always had audio advantages and the AVM60 continues that trend. The A/D converter is upgraded in the AVM60.  Anthem claims that the premium A/D converters are capable of delivering a 106 db signal to noise ratio ensuring high quality sound when using analog sources.

https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/anthem-mrx-520-720-1120-receivers-and-avm60-processor

On the ARC frequency cut off its good that Anthem don't eq the whole spectrum ; with some theres no choice :cool:

ARC's calibrated microphone maintains its 5kHz limit and does not default to correcting frequencies higher thank 5kHz

Not sure I’m getting the Pre amp tomorrow so it will have to be Tuesday as Monday is a Public Holiday. But hopefully I should be getting a crash course on how to use ARC tomorrow

1 hour ago, franin said:

But hopefully I should be getting a crash course on how to use ARC tomorrow

Have a look at the ARC videos in the first post of this thread. It is very easy to use and you will be guided thru the process. Don't worry about tweaking in Targets, let it run and upload and you are good to go.

Thanks. What about the measurements that we have to enter in manually. The guys over here at the store calibrating their systems with arc say you don’t have too.

49 minutes ago, franin said:

Thanks. What about the measurements that we have to enter in manually. The guys over here at the store calibrating their systems with arc say you don’t have too.

You need to put in the speakers distances and then you can use quick measure to adjust the volume on the sub to 75db or close. Should be right to go after than.

You need to put in the speakers distances and then you can use quick measure to adjust the volume on the sub to 75db or close. Should be right to go after than.

Is that just for the quick measure or does it apply for the whole process as well ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, franin said:

Is that just for the quick measure or does it apply for the whole process as well ?

Let me elaborate on what Simon said.

Firstly,  ARC does not measure delays of speakers, subs themselves (other packages do  but it can be inaccurate). You need to enter the speakers/subs distances within the setup of the unit to MLP (main listening position) where you are doing the measurement

The next step is to ensure that the speakers and subs have the same loudness.  There is a Quick Measure within the ARC to do this.  Do Quick Measure for Left & Right Speakers.  When you run it, it will show more or less the same average dB at the bottom.  If not, then you may need to ensure left & right are same distance to MLP.  Sometimes, room like mine , opens up one side and you lose a bit there.  Nothing you can do there.  ARC will compensate.

Then use Quick Measure to measure the subs. Ideally, they should be within 1 dB of left, right speakers.  You may need to adjust the gain at the back of the sub; Quick Measure is live, so you can see as you adjust. And of course, wear ear protection while doing all of this.

Once you have entered the distances and ensured that subs and speakers are the same loudness, you will be ready to start the ARC process proper.  Go to Measure and follow the instructions. ARC Overview will give you a good idea.

Oh okay. I have 4 subs that we’re originally plugged into the back of the Marantz with a Y xlr cable for Both subwoofer Channels. I’ve still got the Audyssey last distances for the two sub channels. I might have to use those distances.

6 minutes ago, franin said:

Oh okay. I have 4 subs that we’re originally plugged into the back of the Marantz with a Y xlr cable for Both subwoofer Channels. I’ve still got the Audyssey last distances for the two sub channels. I might have to use those distances.

A tape measure is all you need. Worthwhile to re-measure, and you do not need to be that accurate, ARC distances are 0.3m (1 ft) apart.  The other thing is ARC expects the subs to be integrated. Have a look at Calibrate dual woofers with ARC (Poor Audiophile),   This is minimum you need to do (and it uses Quick Measure! :)).  

Thanks I will have a look

Sorry One more question so I have to adjust the phase as well as mentioned on that link ? I was told ARC 2 handles that.

7 hours ago, franin said:

Sorry One more question so I have to adjust the phase as well as mentioned on that link ? I was told ARC 2 handles that.

ARC treats multiple subs as 1 integrated sub, even though it has 2  sub ports (in parallel) on AVM60.  It will adjust the phase of the multiple subs together as if it had 1 sub.

ARC treats multiple subs as 1 integrated sub, even though it has 2  sub ports (in parallel) on AVM60.  It will adjust the phase of the multiple subs together as if it had 1 sub.

That’s good.

Hey guys another I’m looking at ordering a longer USB cable for the mic to the computer. Will that affect the results if the cable is quite long ?

3 hours ago, franin said:

Hey guys another I’m looking at ordering a longer USB cable for the mic to the computer. Will that affect the results if the cable is quite long ?

The supplied cable is quite long. Surely you can place the laptop in the center?  How big is your room ???

The supplied cable is quite long. Surely you can place the laptop in the center?  How big is your room ???

Don’t want too be in the room as my AV Gear is in another room.