Posted (edited)

I have had no need to try the Beta version.

It took me just on an hour to measure all four profiles (one stereo only) in a 5.1 system.

It is pretty fast IMHO

Edited by warroon

On 12/05/2019 at 8:20 PM, Snoopy8 said:

In preferences, need to enable professional setup.  In Step 3, Adjust ARC settings, have screen with 4 profiles which you can enable.  You can adjust settings e.g. crossover etc.  for each profile.

Yes it is honestly pretty confusing. It took me a while to figure that.

Did anyone find where  you can setup the speaker distance in it, or can only do it on the Anthem itself?

I found the levels it set straight up seemed better than what it did with ARC.

37 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Did anyone find where  you can setup the speaker distance in it, or can only do it on the Anthem itself?

Distance is set up in unit itself;  ARC does not touch this.

I have had no need to try the Beta version.

It too me just on an hour to measure all four profiles (one stereo only) in a 5.1 system.

It is pretty fast IMHO

Thats good to know thanks :)

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2019 at 8:20 PM, Snoopy8 said:

In preferences, need to enable professional setup.  In Step 3, Adjust ARC settings, have screen with 4 profiles which you can enable.  You can adjust settings e.g. crossover etc.  for each profile.

Thanks Snoopster 👍.......all sorted.  I did another set of measurements and found it far too heavy-handed in the bottom end. Nice being able to pull up the ARC file from the other day where the results more to my liking, then activate and create 3 other speaker profiles based upon those measurements. Being able to adjust the curves is helpful. 

The best part of course is that ARC Genesis is but in its infancy. Just as we've seen quite a few firmware updates for our UHD 4K players, I'm sure we'll see a few software updates for this version of ARC as they further refine it. 

Edited by Happy Sacks

On 14/05/2019 at 1:37 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Distance is set up in unit itself;  ARC does not touch this.

Thanks. Odd. I'm on the Bass Equalization thread at AVS so use a minidsp for bass correction of some movies. It introduces a minor delay and was advised this needs to be corrected with a profile adding extra distance for the sub. And given distance is against profile, you'd think you could adjust it in ARC.

53 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Thanks. Odd. I'm on the Bass Equalization thread at AVS so use a minidsp for bass correction of some movies. It introduces a minor delay and was advised this needs to be corrected with a profile adding extra distance for the sub. And given distance is against profile, you'd think you could adjust it in ARC.

Bass equalisation with certain movies!  Not something I would have considered.

Easy to go to setup & change distance for a certain movies...

42 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Bass equalisation with certain movies!  Not something I would have considered.

Easy to go to setup & change distance for a certain movies...

It sent me a bit nuts discovering that thread. Not what they do, but why they have to. And even ignoring the idiocy of recent disney audio mixes, seeing what they do to some movies where you can compare the spectrum of the original Blu Ray release and the remastered Blu Ray, it is utterly insane. Take the Atmos remix of Hellboy 2, They deliberately filtered bass out. There are so many movies this happens to, and the results of correcting it can be amazing, like First Man. The reason people give for why studios are doing this is rubbish fake Atmos soundbars, but that makes no logical sense. If soundbars was the reason for altering mixes. They would boost the bass as soundbars have a garbage low end response that even for a great one rolls off at 60hz. But no, the do the opposite to make the bass worse.

I'm not joking, it is the one thing in this crazy world that really drives me nuts with the illogicality of it. Even politics makes more logical sense. If the reason people gave was they ant the home video releases to sound like garbage to encourage 0eolle to go to smelly theaters, I'd understand. It would make some sort of sense.

Set up ARC Genesis (ARC3) on friend's MRX-1120 today. And compared it with ARC2.  My summary 👍

For movies, ARC3 improved the resolution of each channel, in particular the centre channel. Dialogue was crisp & slightly louder. With the improved resolution, the steering of sound was better. The improvement was more apparent in multi channel music using Bohemian Rhapsody DTS 24/96 on a DVD-A. Each channel was precise and clarity improved significantly over ARC2.

For 2 channel music, ARC3 showed a similar level of improvement. Sound stage was wider. The mids and bass came across better.

If you can update to ARC Genesis, do so as soon as you can.  It is a worthy upgrade which will bring a smile to you... 😃 

Couldn’t agree more with everyone’s assessments on here. I have a MRX 1120 with an Atmos setup (Definitive Technology kit) and the difference is awesome with Genesis.

Previously I had to manually bump up the volume on the surround and in particular the height channels to get the pop I wanted. Genesis sorts this out.

Dialogue is much crisper and overall soundstage wider. The new software is much nicer to use too and some seemingly minor improvements make a big difference (like being able to do one speaker instead of having to do the whole thing). Overall very impressed and worth doing ASAP.

Agree , Genesis is a nice leap above ARC2

On 25/05/2019 at 9:03 PM, Neg99 said:

Couldn’t agree more with everyone’s assessments on here. I have a MRX 1120 with an Atmos setup (Definitive Technology kit) and the difference is awesome with Genesis.

Previously I had to manually bump up the volume on the surround and in particular the height channels to get the pop I wanted. Genesis sorts this out.

Dialogue is much crisper and overall soundstage wider. The new software is much nicer to use too and some seemingly minor improvements make a big difference (like being able to do one speaker instead of having to do the whole thing). Overall very impressed and worth doing ASAP.

So it wasn't just me that felt the levels are better with Genesis. I had previously done the same, and had to bump them as well, but not now.

So it wasn't just me that felt the levels are better with Genesis. I had previously done the same, and had to bump them as well, but not now.

Yep. Definite improvement. Even my kids (7 and 5) have noticed the difference. Definitely makes me feel better about the time in the ceiling putting the atmos speakers in :):):).