From the Anthem FB page:

Our Software engineers are feverishly working on the final testing of ARC GENESIS! Be sure to keep checking anthemav.com this Friday, as the link will be ready to download this next level in advanced room correction software!

Same its up and running whoo hoo

On 14/04/2019 at 12:51 AM, franin said:

Still waiting for ARC Genesis to come online 

ARC Genesis has landed @franin & @Snoopy8

Something to play with over the weekend.

ARC Genesis has landed [mention=148241]franin[/mention] & [mention=161413]Snoopy8[/mention]

Something to play with over the weekend.

Yes might have a look tonight once everyone is asleep :)

35 minutes ago, Happy Sacks said:

ARC Genesis has landed @franin & @Snoopy8

Thank you.  I had a quick look at it.  If you want to look at it standalone, in preferences, there is a demo mode.  This allows you to run ARC Genesis without connecting to a microphone etc.. and explore its features.  Looks like an easier to use interface, can now play with target curves, lots more tweaks available.

No re-use of ARC2 files, sorry ARC1 users (those with serial ports) miss out...

The real test is whether things have improved with listening...

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

No re-use of ARC2 files, sorry ARC1 users (those with serial ports) miss out...

I'd recommend saving your current ARC2 settings on the AVR/AVP itself. I also noted that you can connect your unit to your laptop/computer direct via USB rather than having to use the network, which I'll find handy once I acquire a USB extension lead.

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

The real test is whether things have improved with listening...

Very true dat, but there are also a few other niggles I hope they've attended to such as:

• No matter what high pass crossover you set on the ARC2 software the unit itself wouldn't upload the setting and default back to 120Hz. 
  • Despite have 4 different places to disable the overhead speaker setting, only one of them actually worked so that the information was diverted to the other channels.

Having said that, I've been delighted with how few operational idiosyncrasies/gremlins my AVM 60 has.........and the only one it did was ironed out with the 1.4.095 firmware update. 

For anyone sitting on the fence about buying an Anthem, there is a price rise incoming on June 1.

Have to say first impressions are that I’m very happy with Genesis. The ability to set the max frequency for correction for each position is good for my setup, and the levels for each position seem to be more in line with what I’d expect. ARC I always had to make a tweak to the levels of the rear surrounds and Atmos to get it right, this got it first time. 

13 hours ago, Hydrology said:

For anyone sitting on the fence about buying an Anthem, there is a price rise incoming on June 1.

And I thought they were already over priced in Australia ????  :shocked:   

Early reports over on AVS are very good.  It seems Genesis is a nice improvement over ARC2.  I have been seriously impressed by ARC2 on my AVM60, so am quite interested to hear how Genesis can improve on it.

I think you’re in for a treat - my husband, who isn’t a big AV buff, was eyeing me suspiciously about whether I’d been sneaking new things into the house as it sounded so much better. The thing you notice more than anything is how well balanced and smooth the levels are from speaker to speaker. 

Does this mean our Anthem gear will go up on the 2nd hand market and the Classifies here

29 minutes ago, The Bluesman said:

Does this mean our Anthem gear will go up on the 2nd hand market and the Classifies here

Unfortunately no.  To make matters worse, AVRs lose value quickly because of newer technology...  

Depends on the new ARC Genesis and its performance and being that it goes up in value it might do well in the second hand market. Your right with the new technology though eg HDMI 2.1 ( Depends on how many people are going to change their systems for it, 8K anyone ?? ) or a new audio codec ( Which won't be changed for a long time ) but if Audyssey is still lagging behind  and not seen any sign of improvement the good ole Anthem can be still a sought after product. 

Anthem could render redundant the current status quo for object decoding in short time [like many ce's once the new griffin processing chipsets are widespread ] . As usual you have to look to the higher echelons like Trinnov to see whats coming . DTS-X has so far been limited to 7 bed and 4 ceiling discrete channels .  DTS-X pro codec is scalable to the dsp horsepower of the processor so expect a slew of 9.1.6 processors soon enough ; monoprice ; acurus ;emotiva are just a few to come shortly . Good to see Anthem competing with dirac 2.0 in any case ..

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/trinnov-joins-imax-enhanced-and-announces-dtsx-pro

6 hours ago, cwt said:

Good to see Anthem competing with dirac 2.0 in any case ..

For movies, there was not much difference between ARC2 and Dirac Live 2.  However, I did find Dirac Live 2 to be better than ARC2 for music likely due to Dirac's impulse response correction.   It will be interesting to see whether ARC Genesis (ARC3) can catch up with Dirac Live 2 for music.  ARC3 finally introduced the much requested target curves.

The other thing to watch is the 2 different business philosophies. ARC is used on Anthem, Paradigm and Martin Logan hardware (all owned by Shoreview Industries). No sign that they will license out ARC software outside of this group.  So to get ARC, need to purchase their hardware.

Dirac is a software company focused on all things audio including automotive.  Dirac therefore partners with audio manufacturers like Arcam, NAD, Emotiva, Focal, Bryston etc.   Also Dirac Live can run on PCs as well as DSP hardware like miniDSP.  Dirac Live is easier to adopt.

17 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Ouch!!!  :sad: 

It looks like we are not the only market being gouged...  

Looks ok to me?

D3D67A6F-CEFD-441B-91D6-1477B7A1AD76.png

0C9ACF01-E37C-4112-8F7C-F99436C9CBFD.png

Edited by thathifiguy

9 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

Looks ok to me?

D3D67A6F-CEFD-441B-91D6-1477B7A1AD76.png

0C9ACF01-E37C-4112-8F7C-F99436C9CBFD.png

Thank you.  I have lost track of the USA pricing and did not realise our pricing was reasonable, but UK have gone silly...

I ran Genesis a couple of times today.

The level of correction/adjustment varied dramatically with the sub volume.

That doesn't make sense to me, but it happens.

Turn the sub down too much, and everything gets set really low.

Turn the sub back a little, and everything now gets slightly higher than zero.

I suspect if I lowered the sub between these two, then the adjustments of the speakers and sub will be close to zero.

If the level setting for your speakers annoys you as 'too high', lower your sub volume by one click and redo Genesis sweeps - you might get the adjustment you wish to see.

As I said, this sounds bizzare but it seems to make sense to what actually is happening with Genesis.

Benje

PS dialogue is much easier to hear post Genesis.

Edited by Benje

30 minutes ago, Benje said:

If the level setting for your speakers annoys you as 'too high', lower your sub volume by one click and redo Genesis sweeps - you might get the adjustment you wish to see.

Did you do Quick Measure to ensure that the volume setting for all speakers are about the same?   This is one thing that annoyed me with ARC that there was no prompt to set the speaker levels (Dirac Live does this as part of process).

@SubCrawler  noticed in the classifieds that you replaced your Emotiva with an Anthem.   Have you tried ARC Genesis and how does it compare with Dirac Live on the Emotiva?