Anthem AV Owners Thread

MRx5 and MRx7 uncovered

vs

cmVzaXplPTk2MCw2NDA

Jippun Kia RZ-830 about the same price range

Haha. So barren in the innards for Ang Moh brand.

Anthem ARC is the key to a better sounding home theater experience. Considering that it is an in house proprietary calibration software down to the mic. We can expect a synergy between software and hardware.

Audyssey is a third party calibration suite used by most Japanese brands and till this date, whole it may not be the best in everything, there is no doubt that it is one of the top few that we can rely on for a good home theater surround sound experience without worrying too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthem ARC is the key to a better sounding home theater experience. Considering that it is an in house proprietary calibration software down to the mic. We can expect a synergy between software and hardware.

Audyssey is a third party calibration suite used by most Japanese brands and till this date, whole it may not be the best in everything, there is no doubt that it is one of the top few that we can rely on for a good home theater surround sound experience without worrying too much.

In house is good, not at anyone's mercy.....

How is the new version for ARC? Dirac is also coming out with new Bass Management modules....

Haven't release yet...will be this month.

• 2 weeks later...

[embed=800,600]

[/embed]

An introduction to the Anthem MRX series...

[embed=800,600]

[/embed]

Here's the more expensive AVM60 11.2ch...

Waiting patiently for the ARC Geneis to arrive next week :)

For Anthem users waiting for the ARC Genesis. Hate to inform that ARC Genesis has been delayed due to some last minute technical issues with the software but Anthem has since resolved it. While although it did not live up to its promise to release it by end of Apr. It did respond to my query and they targeted this Fri.

We shall see.

From the Anthem FB page:

Our Software engineers are feverishly working on the final testing of ARC GENESIS! Be sure to keep checking anthemav.com this Friday, as the link will be ready to download this next level in advanced room correction software!

• Like 1

ARC Genesis has landed [mention=148241]franin[/mention] & [mention=161413]Snoopy8[/mention]

Something to play with over the weekend.

Yes might have a look tonight once everyone is asleep :)
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Happy Sacks said:

ARC Genesis has landed @franin & @Snoopy8

Thank you.  I had a quick look at it.  If you want to look at it standalone, in preferences, there is a demo mode.  This allows you to run ARC Genesis without connecting to a microphone etc.. and explore its features.  Looks like an easier to use interface, can now play with target curves, lots more tweaks available.

No re-use of ARC2 files, sorry ARC1 users (those with serial ports) miss out...

The real test is whether things have improved with listening...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

No re-use of ARC2 files, sorry ARC1 users (those with serial ports) miss out...

I'd recommend saving your current ARC2 settings on the AVR/AVP itself. I also noted that you can connect your unit to your laptop/computer direct via USB rather than having to use the network, which I'll find handy once I acquire a USB extension lead.

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

The real test is whether things have improved with listening...

Very true dat, but there are also a few other niggles I hope they've attended to such as:

• No matter what high pass crossover you set on the ARC2 software the unit itself wouldn't upload the setting and default back to 120Hz. 
  • Despite have 4 different places to disable the overhead speaker setting, only one of them actually worked so that the information was diverted to the other channels.

Having said that, I've been delighted with how few operational idiosyncrasies/gremlins my AVM 60 has.........and the only one it did was ironed out with the 1.4.095 firmware update. 

Just finished my first 10 points measurement and I have to say that ARC Genesis is taking ARC to the next level. If ARC 2 calibration sounds great to you...Genesis just make everything even better with more transparent sound and tighter bass.

So far I only used the Auto mode. Tmr I will try to Professional mode to see what kind of changes I can made.

I am very happy with what Genesis does to my overall 7.2.4 sound system. Simply amazing!!!

Good work Anthem!!!

Have to say first impressions are that I’m very happy with Genesis. The ability to set the max frequency for correction for each position is good for my setup, and the levels for each position seem to be more in line with what I’d expect. ARC I always had to make a tweak to the levels of the rear surrounds and Atmos to get it right, this got it first time. 

• Like 2

It appears that the MacOS version of the ARC Genesis has some teething compatibility issues here. So there are some bugs that need to be addressed by Anthem for Mac users. For Windows users, I'm happy to report that it worked right out of the box with no issue.

13 hours ago, Hydrology said:

For anyone sitting on the fence about buying an Anthem, there is a price rise incoming on June 1.

And I thought they were already over priced in Australia ????  :shocked:   

Can't wait to try it out. Uncalibrated amp already sounds very good to me :)

This is a whole "new" level of sound altogether. I will provide some user experience here later today or tmr.

[embed=800,600]

[/embed]

Early reports over on AVS are very good.  It seems Genesis is a nice improvement over ARC2.  I have been seriously impressed by ARC2 on my AVM60, so am quite interested to hear how Genesis can improve on it.

I think you’re in for a treat - my husband, who isn’t a big AV buff, was eyeing me suspiciously about whether I’d been sneaking new things into the house as it sounded so much better. The thing you notice more than anything is how well balanced and smooth the levels are from speaker to speaker. 

• Like 1

Here are some screencaps of the new ARC Genesis interface. Compared to the previous version (ARC 2), the interface is much more cleaner and exude a more "pro" look and feel. As you can see, Anthem is trying to emulate D&M setup user interface depicting the diagram to the right to "prompt" the user to move from one calibration position to the next. The design interface is touch-friendly meaning you can use your fat finger or a stylus to move around with ease. No more squinting of eyes to struggle and see the wordings.

The most interesting section of this new version of ARC is the ability to adjust Max EQ frequency for each individual speaker group (e.g. Dolby Atmos height speakers or just the Surround channels) from 200Hz all the way up to 5kHz or higher (though not advisable as too high, the frequency range becomes more "audible" - localized). You can now have more granular control over the Room Gain by only affecting a certain range of frequency instead of the entire range. There is a "new" feature called, Deep Bass Boost which allows one to build a unique "house curve" by adding a few db to the lower range and once again, you can choose to set the epicenter of the frequency range for the Deep Bass Boost to take effect. This is especially useful if you want that ULF kick below human audible range starting from  80Hz and below with adjustable gain up to +6db.

There is also another "new" feature called, Tilt level which I still can't figure out what it does...probably affect one end of the spectrum with an equal and opposite gain/attenuation at the other end. Not sure what it is for...Need to explore more.

For the very first time, individual speaker has its very own high-frequency roll-off to complement the LFE crossover (bass management). What Anthem does is it will take each speaker natural low frequency roll-off and the subwoofer(s) high frequency roll-off to determine the optimal HL and LF roll-off from speakers to the subwoofers and this is "crown jewel" of ARC that differentiate itself from the more traditional Room EQ found in Audyssey, AccuEQ Phase, YPAO and MCACC...