Sign in to follow this  
STAIN0

10m Cable for 4K signal

13 hours ago, obama said:

I think in there new rang they do.. my previous HT room I had a 15-20 HDMI cable running full HD 120ich projector and works perfect..

My knew HT room il be def be buying most of my gear there. :) you wont be disappointed

Sorry but in current predicament with uhd and cables, we are in a whole another predicament. Whether you have full hd over 15-20 hdmi cable doesn't mean uhd will go over a 10m of these.

very few cables will do uhd 4K 50/60 over this distance. There aren't even any certified cables over this distance.

we are in a whole another ball park now.

Am reading this with a lot of interest.

Want to make sure I put a decent cable in for my new build as it's not something that can be easily changed later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, obama said:

I think in there new rang they do.. my previous HT room I had a 15-20 HDMI cable running full HD 120ich projector and works perfect..

My knew HT room il be def be buying most of my gear there. :) you wont be disappointed

I would ask if their cable is good for 18gbps throughput and distance Clinton ; not 10.2 as hdmi 1.4 does and which would have no problem with your 1080p projector example .

a UHD Blu-ray's 10-bit output is 11.1Gbps ; and that is more than hdmi 1.4's 10.2 depending on colour space ; HDR etc..
Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/content/uhd-blu-ray-vs-hdmi-–-pt-2-which-cables-can-actually-pass-hdmi-20#6Yth5Okg47pCWjqM.99

When I see a cable that has built in Ethernet ; it reminds me that hdmi 1.4 was when it was introduced and curiously I couldn't find a hi speed hdmi cable without Ethernet on the site . HDMI premium certified cables come in Ethernet and non  ethernet variants ..

Its good to see they recommend active cables for over 15m

Our 15m HDMI Cables Are "Active"
Please note that the 15 metre version of this cable is an active HDMI cable. This means the signal is amplified to ensure the strongest possible signal gets to the other end. Active HDMI cables are directional, which means they must be plugged in the correct way to be most effective. Our 15m cables are designed to be used with the black rectangular "monitor" plug at the display end (eg: TV or receiver input) and the pale blue plug at the source end (eg: Bluray player or receiver output). All shorter lengths will work in any direction.

even 18 gbps claims have been found as bull cwt. unfortunately id say only one test is actual use. additionally its been found some cables working in one context not in others. why universal suggestion is to try anything before running in wall etc and to late !

I can't even imagine how I'll test a cable on a construction site to see if the cable is working, let alone to see if 4k is working!!

I had a read of the ezyhd site for long HDMI cables which listed the following specs;

Ideal for Ultra HDTVs
Supports higher bandwidth up to 18Gbps
Supports 4K@60Hz 4.4.4 – 0.5m – 12m
Supports 4K@30Hz 4.4.2 – 15m- 20m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, said:

even 18 gbps claims have been found as bull cwt. unfortunately id say only one test is actual use. additionally its been found some cables working in one context not in others. why universal suggestion is to try anything before running in wall etc and to late !

That's why I said to ask them Al as they say on there website explicitly "This range of cables have been tested by us and offer true, high end results in all lengths up to 10 metres. ''

Money back guarantee is locked with that :)

Cant wait for hdmi 2.1 ; the specification drops Q2/3 THIS YEAR :wub::blink:

4 hours ago, cwt said:

That's why I said to ask them Al as they say on there website explicitly "This range of cables have been tested by us and offer true, high end results in all lengths up to 10 metres. ''

Money back guarantee is locked with that :)

Cant wait for hdmi 2.1 ; the specification drops Q2/3 THIS YEAR :wub::blink:

Money back only thing there cwt. but will be cold comfort for someone buying and installing during build and to only try later and find doesn't fully work for equipment combination. Too late then when part of the house ! The important thing is equipment combination. Been shown what can work in one equipment combo may not necessarily work in another. Abd on all material.

so when the say it works ... it's not enough, need to know equipment combination and material it works on. Eg billy lyns half time walk is only just come available.

Not to be underestimated the struggle cable makers face to have something that works.

shudder ... yeah bring on 2.1

Correct me..if your planning to run standard HD 1080 systems you will only need 1.4 HDMI cable?

But if your running full 4k system (reciver, format, projector, tv etc? will you need the new gen of HDMI cables?

or is this another gimmick  buying $400 HDMI cable will improve the picture.. (01)

13 minutes ago, obama said:

Correct me..if your planning to run standard HD 1080 systems you will only need 1.4 HDMI cable?

But if your running full 4k system (reciver, format, projector, tv etc? will you need the new gen of HDMI cables?

or is this another gimmick  buying $400 HDMI cable will improve the picture.. (01)

A normal "high speed" rated cable will be fine for 1080p. For UHD you'll need an active or fibre optic cable for any decent lengths.

If you're only running a 1080p system now you've got the choice of installing a standard cable now and replacing it if/when you go UHD, or installing a fancy cable so you're ready for the future. Your considerations should probably include how difficult replacing the cable will be (if you're doing a new build you could install conduit and a draw string for future upgrades) and how likely it is that cable standards will change yet again before you upgrade.

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

A normal "high speed" rated cable will be fine for 1080p. For UHD you'll need an active or fibre optic cable for any decent lengths.

If you're only running a 1080p system now you've got the choice of installing a standard cable now and replacing it if/when you go UHD, or installing a fancy cable so you're ready for the future. Your considerations should probably include how difficult replacing the cable will be (if you're doing a new build you could install conduit and a draw string for future upgrades) and how likely it is that cable standards will change yet again before you upgrade.

Quark, possibly scary abd this is the problem. Not all actives will cut it. Infact there are certain passives they will. And not all fibres are doing it either.

this is the problem ...

the conduit and string is only surety...

54 minutes ago, obama said:

Technically a high speed cable was supposed to be adequate for bandwidth. There is no such thing as a 1.4 cable

unfortinately the cable makers haven't been making cables to truly required capability ie true high speed and got away with it as we have not had material to push the bandwidth ...

no don't have to buy $400 cables. Am using a $60 one, though I'd be foolish to suggest it will work for all.

2 hours ago, said:

Quark, possibly scary abd this is the problem. Not all actives will cut it. Infact there are certain passives they will. And not all fibres are doing it either.

this is the problem ...

the conduit and string is only surety...

Can only agree - we are at the stage where cables lose bandwidth if installed with too tight a bend.

I'm running a 15.2m Monoprice Luxe Series CL3 Active cable that's allegedly good for 18Gbps - it's working fine in my setup, which is limited by my X500 to 11.2Gbps. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was good for 18 Gbps in the real world.

6 hours ago, said:

Money back only thing there cwt. but will be cold comfort for someone buying and installing during build and to only try later and find doesn't fully work for equipment combination. Too late then when part of the house ! The important thing is equipment combination. Been shown what can work in one equipment combo may not necessarily work in another. Abd on all material.

Absolutely Al ; its important to factor in whether your going straight from source to sink or through an avr / pre pro which will repeat and amplify the edid signal as well .

Not all actives will cut it

Steer clear of redmeres indeed ; not to mention the active chip is non replaceable so the cables can become obsolete...

My chain for past month has been PS3, Yamaha cxa5100, Jvc rs500. Using a 30 ft monoprice redmere HDMI.
Just picked up a Oppo 203. The redmere cable was fine with 4K uhd content at 24fps. However, I had no image from ps4 at 4K 60.
I swapped in a 30 ft Blue Jeans Series 1 and everything worked perfectly.