Sign in to follow this  
Blackman1503561291

Shopping for a TV at Costco

23 hours ago, Chopsus said:

Do you know of anyone who has had this happen?

As I said it may have changed but when I had my membership I looked into this warranty policy and at the time I was informed that for me to have a lifetime coverage then I would need to maintain my membership without any lapses therefore I compared it to any other extended warranty that you pay extra.

As for other that have been told the same thing then here is another experience of the same: whrl.pl/RezF25

So it maybe a case by case thing depending on who you get a the service counter but allowing to renew within 6 months seems some sort of benefit but after that it seems you either have to renew or the guarantee lapses which is similar to not continuing your membership as per my original post but like a lot of things in life, YMMV.

Edited by womble66

What is your refund policy?

On Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price. This is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.

I need to return an item. How can I do that?

Please return the item to the membership counter for a full refund. It is helpful if you have your receipt, but not necessary.

Pretty unambiguous. If you are a member then you can return the item when ever. Otherwise consumer law holds. People tend to forget that a 'warranty' is an optional extra that the seller may or may not provide. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Just found out that our local Costco that they DO not have the LG that I'm after. I was told the Max size they have is 70 inch in lg. Maybe Brisbane are poor people and the Melbourne store are in a wealthy area that can sell the 86 Incher

Edited by pgdownload
Reply moved below

42 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

I think you will find that these are "placeholders" they want to keep their ad on the site, but don't currently have stock, so put a ridiculous price on it.

Makes more sense. I wonder if any of them ever did get a $15,000 windfall?

But I still wonder at the middling ones: Like this Nintengo game. $99 is a good price until you realise its just the box. Clearly marked sure, but a buyer a little too eager might click too fast?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

2 hours ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Just found out that our local Costco that they DO not have the LG that I'm after. I was told the Max size they have is 70 inch in lg. Maybe Brisbane are poor people and the Melbourne store are in a wealthy area that can sell the 86 Incher

And yet the irony is that no one in Melbourne can afford them while someone in Brisbane can :)

Costco will ship between stores if you ask nicely.

I asked again at Docklands and they apparently still have some 86 units in store.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

3 hours ago, pgdownload said:

And yet the irony is that no one in Melbourne can afford them while someone in Brisbane can :)

Costco will ship between stores if you ask nicely.

I asked again at Docklands and they apparently still have some 86 units in store.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I bet no one in Melbourne is as much as a tight ars.e like me.LOL.

That's Melbourne but I would still like to know what Costcos selling them (just what I call pete sake)  You would think you will want everyone to know the CHEAP PRICE instead of Hiding it. .

Anyhow I Found a Cheaper mob than Videopro but I like what Video pro Tells me. Well the Car insurance is Next weeks Jub

I have bought today Cable ties, and other, Plaster to plaster the walls where the Hecto Lives, Next weeks Like I said the Car Insurance and with the last cent we have to buy the Twin 150KG Wall mount + 3 HDMI Longer cable from FOXTAIL and I have everything else and once I raise the last Hundred Bucks Its time to Haslles every Retailing in North Brisbane.

Me thinks that JB is a NO GO as I think they are too greedy, GOOD GUYS Possible, and I think (Hate to say this ) Harvey Norman is the Best of the rest.  Can wait!!!!! I'm put the worst clothes ON, Have my straw hat with the cork bouncing in front of my eyes Yes I've loving it, I have and will go  hunting with my Wife and my Daughter.

I

Edited by Blackman