Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
loser

2017 JVC Projectors

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, jutta said:


That's usually where lag is discussed, around gaming.

But not always. I need to dial in more than 300ms audio delay to sync with video playback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satanica said:

But not always. I need to dial in more than 300ms audio delay to sync with video playback.

Wouldn't that be your amp and not the PJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wouldn't that be your amp and not the PJ?

What he said


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Wouldn't that be your amp and not the PJ?

I'm not sure what you and the other guy are on about. I delay audio in my HTPC software player because video lags significantly from my X7000 projector. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Satanica said:

I'm not sure what you and the other guy are on about. I delay audio in my HTPC software player because video lags significantly from my X7000 projector. 

That 300ms is considerably more than a typical avr can manage I must say Satanica ; I hope its easy to judge as it can be a bit of a pain to dial in close when lips are just not right ..  denons as an example can delay up to 200ms [ handily by input ]  and a dvdo duo vp I had was similar manually but had an auto setting very thankfully :)

Quote

 Precision AV LipSync
Eliminates audio-video sync problems. Automatically adds precise delay so audio and selected video are perfectly synchronized. User-set audio delay up to 200 milliseconds can fix sync errors with cable, satellite, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some AV Sync Test Files I made a while ago.  There is one for all the major frame rates as AV Sync can be different depending on the refresh rate you use.

AVSyncTestPatterns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmone said:

Here is some AV Sync Test Files I made a while ago.  There is one for all the major frame rates as AV Sync can be different depending on the refresh rate you use.

AVSyncTestPatterns

Thanks, with JRiver Media Centre can set audio delay for (24Hz) and (50Hz, 60Hz) separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Thanks, with JRiver Media Centre can set audio delay for (24Hz) and (50Hz, 60Hz) separately.

Yup - Just another of the many great Video Features of MC (disclosure - I'm an Admin on their forum).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 28/01/2017 at 9:15 AM, jmone said:

Yup - Just another of the many great Video Features of MC (disclosure - I'm an Admin on their forum).

I thought your name looked familiar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Richard at ozts. Got my X9500 today.

Got the Oppo 203 hooked up directly. Latest firmware. Looks amazing in HDR mode.

Downside my Marantz AV8801 suddenly doesn't play any audio.

Connecting another cable from the 8801 to the X9500 nada no picture even from a non 4K PC source on the X9500. It isn't the HDMI port. Or the cable. So something about the Marantz just isn't sending video to the projector.

Waiting for the 8802A to arrive next week.

Ps is there a special setting in the 203 to output video on HDMI1 and audio on HDMI 2 outputs? Can't seem to find it.

Also where is the low lag mode in the menus? Can't seem to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was getting worried my Marantz AVP had decided to give up.

So I labeled the cables - and unhooked the Marantz. I figured I should do that with the 8802A on the way.

To see if my Marantz was still working, I had no choice but to unbox the Sony Z9D. Downside of the cheaper prices in Australia - no installation. Doing it on my own was not an easy task. Needed the wife to help slot the TV into the stand. Thank goodness for the air conditioning.

The good news is the Marantz 8801 still shows a signal to the Sony. Next step, try the Oppo direct to the ZD9 and see how the opening sequence on Star Trek looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ZD9 looks good but honestly I don't think at 65" and literally 1.5m away I can see a difference in 4K resolution. The JVC on the other hand shows a much bigger improvement in apparent resolution.

The good news is that reconnecting the Marantz and Oppo to the JVC, audio is back so it must just have been an earlier glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


BE122959-9FA0-469F-964A-2CCCC6288D42_zpsrhv1nt7j.jpg

I know I know. We can't really tell anything with screenshots. Too many variables. But it was sooo pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

Connecting another cable from the 8801 to the X9500 nada no picture even from a non 4K PC source on the X9500. It isn't the HDMI port. Or the cable. So something about the Marantz just isn't sending video to the projector.

Waiting for the 8802A to arrive next week.

wait till the 8802A comes. with the 8801 might have to play with edids on the jvc inputs, 8801 was pre 4k uhd spec and the 9500 might not like it ! 

 

should be able to send audio out one port though video the other. was the whole idea of dual ports...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when I unplugged the 8801 for a while the HDMI handshake seemed to have worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2017 at 0:03 AM, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

 But it was sooo pretty.

Shame the photo is anything but.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Will be ordering the 5500 next week sometime and a 130 inch scope screen to boot and the 8802a.Bloody excited is an understatement.Waiting to be stunned after owning a projector not even capable of native 1080p for the past 10 years or so.And I will be posting pics if that's ok with the police.Painted the theater black and now can not see 1 foot in front of me with the lights on.Running cables at the moment for my big change and looking forward to becoming a member of the JVC eshift club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you confirmed the 8802A?

It won't handle Dolby Vision. And Marantz has been very evasive if it will.

The 7703 and the rest of the 2016 ones have been confirmed to support DV though.

If you can wait the 8802 will be replaced at the end of 2017.

Or look for the Yamaha 5100 or AVM60. Both have been promised DV firmware update.

Not that the JVC will handle DV either. But if you ever get a TV that does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey doggiehowser, yea I have been advised on the DV thing but only need the 8802A via projector in my theater room so all is good there mate.I won't be splitting hairs between DV and whatever else.As long as I can move forward with atmos and utilise my Audyssey pro kit I will be happy mate.The projector will be a huge step up for me so that combined with the bigger screen and atmos is basically where it's at for me on a overall plain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2017 at 9:14 PM, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

Thanks Richard at ozts. Got my X9500 today.

Got the Oppo 203 hooked up directly. Latest firmware. Looks amazing in HDR mode.

Downside my Marantz AV8801 suddenly doesn't play any audio.

Connecting another cable from the 8801 to the X9500 nada no picture even from a non 4K PC source on the X9500. It isn't the HDMI port. Or the cable. So something about the Marantz just isn't sending video to the projector.

Waiting for the 8802A to arrive next week.

Ps is there a special setting in the 203 to output video on HDMI1 and audio on HDMI 2 outputs? Can't seem to find it.

Also where is the low lag mode in the menus? Can't seem to find it.

Congrats Doggie as I would of loved the 9500 but needed other stuff also.What size screen are you using mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

120" 16:9

I'm happy with how the Marantz 8802A sounds.

Don't get me wrong.

But having known what I know now, I can't in good conscience recommend it to others.

Anthem's Room EQ is also very highly regarded.

I might still go for the 8804 or 8803 when it comes out but having just bought the 8802A and needing to replace it so soon is painful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with a projector DV is a non concern, unless running dual displays or anything id stick with the 8802A. atleast get a audyssey pro capability with it rather than the plastic uncalibrated mic and cardboard rocket and phone app they intend to supply with the 8803/4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

120" 16:9

I'm happy with how the Marantz 8802A sounds.

Don't get me wrong.

But having known what I know now, I can't in good conscience recommend it to others.

Anthem's Room EQ is also very highly regarded.

I might still go for the 8804 or 8803 when it comes out but having just bought the 8802A and needing to replace it so soon is painful

Fair enough mate.I can only begin to imagine the nice depth in your image on a screen that size with the 9500.sounds like a nice pairing.I will be buying off Oz theatre screens also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, said:

with a projector DV is a non concern, unless running dual displays or anything id stick with the 8802A. atleast get a audyssey pro capability with it rather than the plastic uncalibrated mic and cardboard rocket and phone app they intend to supply with the 8803/4

Hi al, by the way thanks for your help mate on the DV thing as it has saved me from spending extra cash when there is no need too,so thanks for that.I find it a little unfortunate for the people who have paid for a top of the line product like the 8802 and not have it get the DV upgrade.Anyway I will take my chance on it as it has all the bells and whistles.If I want DV in the future then I will buy a cheaper unit for the lounge room and let the cheaper unit do the work instead of my wallet.I won't be throwing money at these companies for nothing anymore only to be shown the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weird thing is that Dolby Vision is designed to be dynamic in terms of brightness support which would lend itself to projector use really well, where 1000nits of 120" would burn your Retina [emoji51]

I suspect DV on projectors might take later to appear but not out of likelihood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...