Can Anything Above 50" Produce a Decent Result on FTA Sport?

Unfortunately the OP doesn't have many options. The LG OLED is the best TV overall, but not the best for motion and not without its issues.

Out of the two LCD's its hard to say as far as motion in concerned, that would need to be assessed by the OP after experimenting with the motion settings.

I would go for the Sony myself, best panel lighting system and Reality Creation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found myself in a dilemma when my 65 inch pana VT50 died.

Long story short - potentially look for a second hand plasma.

I claimed mine under warranty and ended up with the sony 65 inch X9000B. Overall I was quite dissapointed. Motion wasn't actually a concern for me on it. I like sport as well and I found it quite impressive with the motion handling. The big problem though was the 'depth' for me, along with backlight bleed and off axis viewing.

I was frantically searching for second hand plasmas, as the sony just didn't draw me in like the pana did. I was lucky and came across a factory seconds samsung F8500 plasma. Ended up purchasing it and took the sony back for store credit (which is now sitting as a new fridge :-D).

The F8500 is superb. Although I could only grab the 60 inch, I still think it FAR outweighs the sony. And was 3 times cheaper!

Second had isn't without risk though, but I'm sure there are some buys out there for bargain prices and may just be worth the gamble...