Channel 31 off air?

I noticed today that my TV was showing a black screen where 31 (ch44) should be. Is it off the air or is it just me/my location?

I live in Carnegie and normally I can receive it without a problem. I ran the retune on my TV and it still wasn't here - not even the hint of a signal.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Zyxzk,

Melbourne & Geelong Television (MGV) has not been on channel 31 since analog was switched off in 2013. The digital version on Mt Dandenong is transmitted on transmission channel 32 (557.625 MHz = 557625 kHz) if you wish to manually search for it. When you receive this signal it will identify itself from its signal as channel 44.

Digital TV works, gives the blank screen or switches between the two. I suggest that the UHF section of your antenna and or masthead amplifier may be faulty if all other broadcasts are ok.

MGV also transmits from the top of the Como Centre, South Yarra on channel 42 at a very low power. Again when you receive this signal it will identify itself from its signal as channel 44.

Alanh

12 hours ago, alanh said:

Digital TV works, gives the blank screen or switches between the two. I suggest that the UHF section of your antenna and or masthead amplifier may be faulty if all other broadcasts are ok.

Well, 31 ain't working on my TV. After re-tuning the TV several times automatically and manually, all other channel groups are found except 31.

I have good line of site to Mt Dandenong so I'm assuming the 31 I've been watching was UHF32 off the 12013/TXA, mast which also hosts the Nine and Ten networks.

So, sounds like the antenna might be damaged. Possibly as a result of all the wind lately. I live in a block of units with a flat roof and I can see it. Not visible on Google maps either. Time to do some investigating.