Sign in to follow this  
mello yello

The Grand Tour - Hammond Clarkson and May

November 18 on Amazon

shot entirely in 4K

"Looking good is more important than looking where youre going" -

as he steps into a white Alfa Romeo 4C Spider dressed in an immaculate white linen suit

LoL

Edited by mello yello

and in even bigger rumours disguised as news

Amazon Prime gears up (gettit nyuk nyukk) ... for launch in Australia

http://www.afr.com/business/media-and-marketing/tv/amazon-weighs-up-prime-time-launch-in-australia-20161007-grxi1b

"Local consumers could see US giant Amazon's streaming service Prime Video in the market as early as next month"

Edited by mello yello

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, mello yello said:

Amazon Prime gears up (gettit nyuk nyukk) ... for launch in Australia

"Local consumers could see US giant Amazon's streaming service Prime Video in the market as early as next month"

Hmm ; that's the service that oppo don't have atm ; you need a roku stick . I wonder if its 4k like Netflix mello ; if you can do a comparison [in the future] with your  low bandwidth capabilities it will be interesting ..

im getting the 25Mbps soon so what i might be able to do, cwt, is to compare what i get now at 10Mbps to the next day at 25Mbps and see if it is any different, i would imagine anything like this is going to need the full 25Mbps

if we get Prime, yes, but i imagine its going to look pretty awesome in 4K UHD

might be the prod Foxtel need

Edited by mello yello

Looks great and I cant wait so how do we get to  watch it. What channel is amazon on?

My kids love Top Gear on Netflix but ive seen every episode more than I would like.

Amazon is online streaming, Tony. As cwt says you might need a Roku Stick if you dont already have the app on your TV/player/mobile device

at this stage to watch it legally (and to abide by their terms and conditions) we have to wait and see if Amazon Prime adds Australia to their subscribers list (its all about copyright and licensing and other legal reasons)

and then, if so, all you do is sign up to Amazon Prime, just like you would Netflix,  they also offer a free month then its 6 quid a month after that and you can cancel anytime, so probably $10-12 for us

I was spewing that Netflix didn't get it. Must of got out bid by the South Americans.

Where do you stick a Roku Stick, in your Tele?