Sign in to follow this  
Z2TT

HSTC / Master STC logging plan question

Hello.

I require to do some logging using my Master STC / Hills HSTC.  I have been reading through the user manual that mentions how to do a log,
But I'm not sure how to enter the transponders that I want to be logged, they are mainly on C1/D3.  Can I enter these transponders that I want to log
directly to a meter or do I need to enter them using the computer program for the HSTC?

In terms of retrieving the log files, are they stored in a common format that can be read with MS Excel?
Or do I need to export them using some sort of program?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Download the S.M.A.R.T software from the Hills or Rover website.

Hills site http://www.hillsantenna.com.au/Support/~/media/Hills Antenna/Software/ROVER SMART PRO programm ver 5_46.ashx

Rover require a login to download the software from their website.

Hills have version 5.46 on their website, Rover has Version 5.75.

Also, the "logging" feature won't continually log the transponder measurement/stats. It will run through the transponders in the current plan and store the results in a file on the unit. You can then use the SMART software to retrieve the file and then export if you want.

Edited by CMatten

As Cmatten says use smart, the easiest thing to do is setup a channel plan for whatever you want to log ie the 8 foxtel transponders  required for commisioning and then it will just log those rather than the 32 + transponders

On 9/10/2017 at 1:28 AM, Gary cunningham said:

hi can i save site reports on the meter and download to smartsoftware to give a report to my customers

Use the logging option on the meter. Then connect to your PC/Laptop and download the logs using the SMART software. Let me know if you need me details.