Jump to content

mello yello

Random Music that just popped into your head

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, mello yello said:

 ... push the tempo

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by mello yello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what is worse.  A random song that pops into your head, or the fact that you are unable to remember the details and can't find it in a search.

Here are two randoms that I actually like.  

 

and this little jem

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

Worse is a random song that pops into your head that you don't even like.

This I like though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
20 hours ago, Wags1503560380 said:

Reminiscing...........

Remember seeing the Clap at the coogee bay hotel in 1988, was the day Mike tyson got buster douglassed so everyone was quite happy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oztheatre said:

Remember seeing the Clap at the coogee bay hotel in 1988, was the day Mike tyson got buster douglassed so everyone was quite happy lol

LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, CAVX said:

I'm not sure what is worse.  A random song that pops into your head, or the fact that you are unable to remember the details and can't find it in a search.

 

the real pits is trying to put your finger on a random beat and tempo change that you know is part of a Clash song that is halfway through the song (and they do that a lot) so you cant just play the intro, you have to go through the whole song...and have to go through your entire Clash library and still cant find it !!!

 

 

 

probably because it wasnt a Clash song LOL

Big Audio Dynamite, duh, lol

 

 

this bit ... the spoken bit with "the rhythm and melody" reggae bit, and the complete beat change

https://youtu.be/-h8zs898lr4?t=119

 

took me 4 sleepless nights of playing every Clash track in my catalogue  and finally when i was dozing off in a cross legged full facepalm into the floorboards position with the cover of Sandinista firmly clutched in my hand, i dreamt it... and ... BINGO!! ... i knew which song it was !!!

 

...and banged my head on the open CD tray

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Big Audio Dynamite - Rush even become a thing?  Man that song is crap.  Crap back then, crap now.  

Funny how our tastes or even appreciation for songs change over the years.  There is stuff  from the 80's I like now that hated when I was a teenager and that stuff was "popular".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
On 11/12/2016 at 11:21 AM, mello yello said:

the real pits is trying to put your finger on a random beat and tempo change that you know is part of a Clash song that is halfway through the song (and they do that a lot) so you cant just play the intro, you have to go through the whole song...and have to go through your entire Clash library and still cant find it !!!

 

 

 

probably because it wasnt a Clash song LOL

Big Audio Dynamite, duh, lol

 

 

this bit ... the spoken bit with "the rhythm and melody" reggae bit, and the complete beat change

https://youtu.be/-h8zs898lr4?t=119

 

took me 4 sleepless nights of playing every Clash track in my catalogue  and finally when i was dozing off in a cross legged full facepalm into the floorboards position with the cover of Sandinista firmly clutched in my hand, i dreamt it... and ... BINGO!! ... i knew which song it was !!!

 

...and banged my head on the open CD tray

 

 

 

haha at least you knew who was singing it! Mick Jones is pretty legendary. That song is also quite timeless, I actually thought it was 80's (only cuz i know it from way back then) but was 1991! They still play it on radio today and I'd bet 49 of 50 could be told it was released last week and they wouldn't argue... long shelf life.. As far as the changes in the song.. bizzare.. key changes, but works well enough hey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 18/12/2016 at 10:45 PM, oztheatre said:

haha at least you knew who was singing it! Mick Jones is pretty legendary. That song is also quite timeless, I actually thought it was 80's (only cuz i know it from way back then) but was 1991! They still play it on radio today and I'd bet 49 of 50 could be told it was released last week and they wouldn't argue... long shelf life.. As far as the changes in the song.. bizzare.. key changes, but works well enough hey

yes great song ... legendary and timeless (...rhythm and melody ...rhythm and melody...rhythm and melody...)

thats the thing with The Clash, they tried different things, experimented and especially with Sandinista, what should have been a flop of gargantuan proportions they turned into a huge critical success ... thats art ... and thats how brilliance works...rises to the top... nobody could pull off such an off-the-beaten track experiment like Sandinista and make it work ... except Strummer, Jones and the boys

 

 

On 15/12/2016 at 11:46 AM, CAVX said:

How did Big Audio Dynamite - Rush even become a thing?  Man that song is crap.  Crap back then, crap now.  

Funny how our tastes or even appreciation for songs change over the years.  There is stuff  from the 80's I like now that hated when I was a teenager and that stuff was "popular".

it popped into my head Mark, you dont have to worry about it

 

...unless you cant get it out of your head now LOL

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfr64zoBTAQ

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×